Holley 9375 1050

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

DCarr511

Holley 9375 1050

Post by DCarr511 »

I have an unmolested list # 9375 1050cfm 4500 Holley that I know is intended to be used on a 2x4 setup, I'm using it as a 1x4 set up on a 511 cid BBC for right now.

The carb runs way rich. I jetted it down to # 82's square and it is still pig rich.

Can it be jetted down enough to run semi decently ?

Possibly better to change out the air bleeds for the intermediate or high speed circuit instead/also ?

Does anyone know where I can buy a few air bleeds instead of paying 180 $ for the kit ?

I found out how tight the air bleeds are installed and quit trying to remove one before I did any damage. Are they always this tight and do they normally come out w/o causing any damage ?

I dont want to make any modifactions to this carb at this time. Just want to know if its possible to get it to stop blackening the spark plugs.
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

I have an unmolested list # 9375 1050cfm 4500 Holley that I know is intended to be used on a 2x4 setup, I'm using it as a 1x4 set up on a 511 cid BBC for right now.

The carb runs way rich. I jetted it down to # 82's square and it is still pig rich.

Can it be jetted down enough to run semi decently ?
i guessed you already checked out that the air bleeds are not plugged up, or any other passages ?

how much ignition timing are you running at idle RPM ?
where's the Cam installed at CL ?

the 0-9375 usually works great with 90-92 jets here around Sea-Level to 2000 Ft Density Altitude

with the 0-9375, its like have (2) 2-Barrells, you should set the idle RPM by "evenly" adjusting the front and the rear throttle blade's opening.

if you are too much into the front throttle
at near idle RPM because of ->
cam a little too retarded,
not enough ingnition timing or wrong advance curve,
it will pull too much fuel out of Venturi/Boosters or cause dripping,

also checkout too high float levels.

if nothings wrong internally with the 0-9375 it will meter
13.0 to 14.5 A/F normally at 600 RPM/SEC Dyno test with 90-92 jets at 0.0 to 2000 Ft DA

going to 82 jets is going to be way too lean under full-throttle acceleration.
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
DCarr511

Post by DCarr511 »

Its a 0-9375-2 I beleive it came with 86's square.

All passages were checked and are clear

timing is at 36*btdc locked out

cam is in at 106.25 and a 110 LSA

Float level is good have, to rock the car just a bit to get fuel to spill

Idle was set equally front/rear

We are approx 800' alt. w/ a DA of 1200-2000 being comman

I just put this engine back together. The carb is a year old and has 4 passes on it and it was rich then.

The engine was ran last weekend for about 15 min. on my run stand RPM was around 2000 for the flat tappet cam and it was rich during that time. I ran it today at idle mostly and it was real rich.

all 4 idle fuel mix. screws are at 1 1/8 turns
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

hi,
how are you determining a "rich" condition?Is this just at idle?
shawn
DCarr511

Post by DCarr511 »

shawn wrote:hi,
how are you determining a "rich" condition?Is this just at idle?
shawn
Just going by the intense smell and burning of the eyes. I dont have EGT's or an A/F gauge.

It's rich at idle and at low RPM's ( 2000-3000 ) for sure. I havent made a pass or even driven it out of the garage yet.
Gary 540
Pro
Pro

Post by Gary 540 »

Hi, sounds to me like it might be as simple as a blown power valve, they will do exactly as you’ve mentioned.

Gary.
DCarr511

Post by DCarr511 »

Gary 540 wrote:Hi, sounds to me like it might be as simple as a blown power valve, they will do exactly as you’ve mentioned.

Gary.
Good thought .. but it doesnt have any power valves in it.