Darin Morgan Pro-Stock Ford Head......

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

fordhemi
Darin Morgan Pro-Stock Ford Head......

Post by fordhemi »

Theres a rumor that your going to be building a new ford pro-stock head for NHRA. Is this something you can say anything about yet?
Last edited by fordhemi on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

Also I called the other day and left a message wanting more info on the BBF heads that Pro Filer makes. Any cast intake available yet? Any plans for one?
Daryl

Revolutionary Performance and Machine
fordhemi
Post by fordhemi »

TTT
fordhemi
Post by fordhemi »

The rumor is that there will be something said at SEMA about the new ford head and a new 'areo' car for NHRA racing from ford.
fordhemi
Post by fordhemi »

Come on SEMA!!
Darin Morgan
Show Guest
Show Guest

Yes, its happening

Post by Darin Morgan »

Since the word is out, I thought I should comment so the rumors don't get totally out of hand and cuase problems. First off, FORD IS NOT SPENDING ANY MONEY ON THIS DEAL!. Its all privately funded from other entities who will remain anonymous at least until they deem it necessary to make them self's known. The funds are there, the thing is a GO and progress is being made. Anything this complex takes a team of individuals and companies to pull off not to mention a lot of time to complete. Its not going to happen over night and its not going to happen in a year. It might take a year and half before everything is completed.

P.S. Please, everyone just hold up on the rumors and let this thing happen. The announcements will be forth coming and the details will trickle out as the powers that be deem necessary, but not until. No, I cant comment any further on this other than what I have already stated so please don't post asking for more info because I cant give it.
Darin Morgan
-Induction Research and Development
-EFI Calibration and Tuning
Reher Morrison Racing Engines
1120 Enterprise Place
Arlington Texas 76001
Phone 817-467-7171
Cell 682-559-0321
http://www.rehermorrison.com
mach9
Pro
Pro

Post by mach9 »

Thanks, Darin, for giving us what info you could. Didn't intend to come off as impatient. But us Old Ford Farts have been waiting on news like this for, what, 15 YEARS? Thanks again, and good luck with the project. MJ
Mack Johnson
'86 Mustang Footbraker
Pump gas 347
6.435 @ 104
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
fordhemi
Post by fordhemi »

Thanks!! I'm sure glad the wheels are in motation!! :wink:
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

So is the Jon Kaase 441 head design not legal or adaptable for NRHA?
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
fordhemi
Post by fordhemi »

Keith Morganstein wrote:So is the Jon Kaase 441 head design not legal or adaptable for NRHA?
Is that head not for the old hemi engine? I dont think the old boss hemi engine can be run in NHRA.....
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

fordhemi wrote:Is that head not for the old hemi engine? I dont think the old boss hemi engine can be run in NHRA.....
Yes, it's the hemi head that wins most of the time in IHRA. So dominant that they gave the head to Sonny who fit it into the BBC so they could be somewhat competitive.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
fordhemi
Post by fordhemi »

Keith Morganstein wrote:Yes, it's the hemi head that wins most of the time in IHRA. So dominant that they gave the head to Sonny who fit it into the BBC so they could be somewhat competitive.
Thats what I thought. As far as I know the old hemi engine is not approved to run in the NHRA. Thats what billy glidden said a few months ago. He said that before he started to run pro-stock with the GTO he ask the NHRA if he could run one of his dads old hemis and they said no because it was not approved for NHRA competition. It could be now I dont know.
Steve Baker

Post by Steve Baker »

fordhemi wrote:Thats what I thought. As far as I know the old hemi engine is not approved to run in the NHRA. Thats what billy glidden said a few months ago. He said that before he started to run pro-stock with the GTO he ask the NHRA if he could run one of his dads old hemis and they said no because it was not approved for NHRA competition. It could be now I dont know.
The real problem with running one of his dads old Hemis is the fact that he would have to run a BUNCH more Nitrous than what he was running to get into the 6 second club back in the late 90s. I don't think he would get away with it this time though.
rmcomprandy

Post by rmcomprandy »

The A441 hemi head in it's original form DOES have a Ford part number and is therefore legal in NHRA pro stock; in it's original Motorsport 4.900 form.