nissan ppu240 engine rebuild lift truck help please

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

drifter
Expert
Expert

nissan ppu240 engine rebuild lift truck help please

Post by drifter »

I have an old lift truck in the shop it has a nissan ppu240 6 cylinder engine the #2 cam bore is all messed up. Does anyone have any specs on all 4 cam housing bore sizes? What should the max. oil clearance be for the cam bearings? I might have to libe bore the #2 cam bore and see if a sleave can be put in or find a larger cam bearing
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

I was looking through my bearing catalogs and I couldn't find that listing, is it known by some other designation? I assume this has the cam in block?
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

yes the cam is in the block, on the id pad it says P for the engine code put i was told by a few people its a ppu240 . They said the p40 has a timing chain which mine does not i have a gear drive
STOCK 1090

Post by STOCK 1090 »

Drifter,
Give me the model and SN of the truck. I work at a Nissan Lift Truck dealership and can hopefully get you the info you need.

Richscaz@hotmail.com
If you always do what you have always done,you will always get what you always got.
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Drifter,

I found some specs so hopefully this is correct. The "P" code helped.

Nissan 3956cc P/PF.. Bore 86mm... Stroke 114mm

Bearing set # SH-951S

Standard Shaft Diameter
1> 1.9350
2> 1.9270
3> 1.9158
4> 1.9030

Housing Bore
1> 2.0660
2> 2.0580
3> 2.0460
4> 2.0340

According to the book the P40/PF engine also has the same specs.
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

Thankyou for the specs it will help alot! Looks like someone ground the cam jornals .010 under at some time for some reason
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Drifter,

If the cam has been ground undersize on the journals, wonder where they got the bearings? If I recall correctly the book showed only standard size bearings.

Since the cam journals had been ground, sounds as though there were previous issues with the cam bearings or cam line bore.
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

the funny part about it is it had stock cam brgs std size so this cam had like .012 oil clearance on all 4 jornals can you beleive that?And the engine had a rebuilder tag on it from 1989 i have no clue if the cam was put in in 1989 like that and how it ran.I only thing that i know is the guy that owns it now dosent know anything how it ran because he just bought it with a seized engine.And i was told its been like that for 1 year approx.It was just about out of oil when i got it and thats the story i was told the guys ran it out of oil.So it must have had very low oil pressure from the day it was rebuilt.