XCELDYNE

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ALKYBURNER
XCELDYNE

Post by ALKYBURNER »

Has anyone used the xceldyne valves by cv products? good or bad results , have always used delwest but looking at these to try. Thanks Darrin
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

so far, i have very limited experience with them =>

i put in a set in Craig's A/ND Cyl Heads
with refreshen valve job, and Craig went the first time into 6.80's
6.892 - 191.40

http://www.maxracesoftware.com/LODRS4-1_022_Craig.jpg

XCELDYNE titanium valves were beautifully machined..the best looking valves i've seen so far , also runout was the best out-of-box i've seen !

seem to be holding up OK ...(from 8000 to 10000 RPM )
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
mbmotorspt

Post by mbmotorspt »

We have run the same set of Xceldyne valves for two years and about 40 races in a 360 winged sprint application with no problems to report. Our operating rpm is 6200-8000. We have probably turned 1500 laps or 600-700 miles with those valves.

Mark Burch
Lincoln, NE
Several pistons were harmed during the testing of our products!
John Haskell

Post by John Haskell »

Here is some input on their retainers/locks.

I was curious about these parts & because I've done business w/them for many years & knowing the pool of racers they have was confident in the choice. You will appreciate the quality bar-none. ------ But, ------ when it comes to teardown, you won't appreciate them.

They have a zero interference between the two parts. If your a Drag Racer changing up at the track,you 'will' have difficulty with this. The company is going to have to work on that & they are now trying a 'Micro Blue' style of coating to see if this will do it. ------ I did talk to the boys at 'PolyDyne' where they 'thought' their treatment would 'possibly' help.

What I did was go to the 'DelWest' lock. It gaged the same as Exceldyne but the interface was some 'seconds' in the prefered, (in the retainer) for dis-assembly. ------- Still, the effort to tear down is more difficult than your going to be use to.

One thing I noted was the slight marking at the base of the locks on either brand. Spring alignment was good as I knew so, I think there are some issues that need to be addressed there at that spot, due to their tolerences. -------- When it comes down to it, a bit of loosness seems to be a bit happier than being snuged up this tight. There's more to it than I know right now.

Would I pick them again ? Probably but, only in round track.
jdperform
Pro
Pro
Post by jdperform »

J H I gotta laugh. 3 years ago I went to a seminar at the PRI show put on by C V and Del West. I posed a question to the panel about the exteme difficulty disassembling the retainers from the keepers. After 2 or 3 minutes of mumbo jumbo they had not answered my question. At that time I asked if a hammer won't break them loose should i get a bigger hammer, the answer was YES use a bigger hammer. With head on motor I've had to put the piston at TDC and squeese the spring against the piston. Very scary but no bent valves so far. I figure we were floating the valves is the main reason they were that difficult to disassemble. I under stand the engineering to have the retainer grab the lock tight but sometimes I think it is a little excesive.
EngineTech1
Expert
Expert
Post by EngineTech1 »

I mainly use DW valves with great success, but have been trying the Xceldyne for the last year. Their valves are really nice but so are the DW valves. Their retainers seem to wear a little less, and they can usually get custom valves turned out a little faster than DW. I get better support at DW though, I always get a CV salesman when I need to get the shelf or custom Xc stuff and the guy I talk to at DW does the blueprints for all my custom valves and I have copies of very detailed blueprints of all my custom parts. I would have a hard time recommending one over the other as far as quality goes, both manufacturers valves are top rate.
Bad95Gts
Pro
Pro
Post by Bad95Gts »

i put in a set in Craig's A/ND Cyl Heads
with refreshen valve job, and Craig went the first time into 6.80's
6.892 - 191.40
I have a friend who runs an A/ND .
They are sure fun too watch.