50* intake seat for blower app.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

powerhouse

50* intake seat for blower app.

Post by powerhouse »

First I want to say this is an amazing site with some great information. The professionalism here is also amazing,you usually don't find that on most forums today.
I have been doing the machine work for a race team that follows a very popular Ford racing series. They race in the drag radial class.
We have the engine torn down for freshening and are going over things to see if we can make any improvements for next year.
I was thinking maybe using a 50* valve job on the intake. they are running about .750" cam lift. The power adder is a procharger f2(I beleive) pulleyed for about 28 psi.
I have never used anything but the standard 45* seat angle,so I have no experiance with what it will effect,but from what I gather it will help with the airflow,and wet flow over .500" lift.
There also seems to be a problem with reversion. the Intake ports are completely black. I was thinking that with the lower airflow down low with the 50# seat , it may cure some of that.
We are running titanium valves.not sure on the seat insert material,it is whatever came in a set of old(1990's) tfs hi-ports.I don't want to run in to any durability problems. This engine will be freshened 1/2 way through the season(probably around 100 passes) so if we make any changes we will be able to see the affects they had. I am really hoping to cure the reversion.
Any thoughts,concerns,or comments are appreciated. thanks Andrew