Demon RS removable sleeve 2bbl carbs *any good?*

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

let r eat

Demon RS removable sleeve 2bbl carbs *any good?*

Post by let r eat »

:?: :?: Just curious to see if anyone is running them and if they are any good. They seem awful tuneable like their 4bbl counterparts. Any input appreciated
highVE
Expert
Expert

Post by highVE »

For what it's worth i am by no means a carb guy!!. I get all mine from Pro-Systems. With that said i know one things for sure, if the demon carbs were so great how come barry grant can't qualify for a pro-stock race. I got all the respect for him, and he would turn circles around me w/carb knowledge, i just know it comes down to "monkey see, monkey do". and i see everyone running 2bbl stuff use Holleys.
Sorry, it's my only advice

Mike Theroux
www.mikesportingservice.com
let r eat

Post by let r eat »

Just wondering. I haven't worked with that removable sleeve stuff and just wondered if the fuel curve was tuneable between changes and if everything seemed workable with the thing.
#84Dave
Expert
Expert

Post by #84Dave »

L-r-E...... we're about to find out on our 2006 Pro-4 4-valve Honda. You know I've been running dual-Webers on the #84 2.0L Pro-4 for a number of years. Changed their 'sleeves' all the time. If the Grant RS Demon 500 2-bbl is anything like the 50DCO side-draft Webers I use, every millimeter(.040") up or down in sleeve size may require close to 2 jet sizes up or down. The 5 jetted emulsion holes in the metering block should be tunable just as I change emulsion tubes in the Weber's, as required. High-speed air correction is jettable so we have some tuning room there. The only thing I see not 'tunable' is the power-valve-channel-restriction and we're going to change that. I suspect the PVCR is too big in the 500 Grant for the 4-valve 2.2L. For the size of paved ovals we run, I think 2 sleeve sizes should cover our requirements. You can also change between the standard down-leg booster and the annular-discharge booster. For the longer tracks and narrower rpm band, with the bigger sleeve, we'll try the annular because it has a better signal back to the main well which should pull it in a touch sooner. I think the Grant should work well, particularly with our newly constructed 2-bbl 'tunnel-ram, 180-fire' intake manifold. We're optimistic and will know for certain about 2 weekends from now.

Dave