Essex V6 (Ford UK) project- to ditch or not?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Re: Essex V6 (Ford UK) project- to ditch or not?

Post by Caprimaniac »

Went well for a long while....

Piston Crowns and combustion Chambers in heads finnished.

Rings completed to the last one which broke. Damned ring- filer. I have always done it by hand With success. Not able to find a replacement ring....

All ports done when I hit water on the last one. Didn't manage to weld it Close properly. Def need some more training here.

Project been on the engine stand for some months now. Hope to get back to it soon.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

thanks for the update capri been awhile
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Well....

Have a engine in the car which runs OK ("repaired" With a rod/ piston I threw in without even measuring any celarances...) , so it's no hurry.

However, the guy machining the Block told me it was enough meat in the bores to og up to 98mm, and I have some some promising shelf pistons that will og With aftermarket shelf rods to, so I have more or less a reciepie for the NeXT Level too. But let's finnish this step first , and get it going....

BTW; after praying for snow since october, there has been no trece of it, and I'm spending my time doing chassis work on my 4. Capri, Will be a drag car (10.5 tires) the most, but With options for the roadrace- track as well. Made a thread at YB which by no means have been updated....

Thanks, I will update With Pictures before Assembly.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....