Re: PRO COMP (DEPENDABILITY)

Post by wyrmrider »

Enginetech sells quality pieces
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Read all the previous quotes before you jump on one guy... For the price of Pro shyt you can get a better head ...with out spending big money...
GURU is only a name.
Adam
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

af2 wrote:Read all the previous quotes before you jump on one guy... For the price of Pro shyt you can get a better head ...with out spending big money...
Brant performance (piqua, OH) has Brodix BB-3s 370cc with a 725 lift spring parts kit for around $1800. (All brodix part kit) Thats what i went with.
You can find him on racing junk.com Murray is his name. (Good Guy to deal with).
R.C.
hodge
Expert
Expert

Post by hodge »

598 BIG RAT wrote:
af2 wrote:Read all the previous quotes before you jump on one guy... For the price of Pro shyt you can get a better head ...with out spending big money...
Brant performance (piqua, OH) has Brodix BB-3s 370cc with a 725 lift spring parts kit for around $1800. (All brodix part kit) Thats what i went with.
You can find him on racing junk.com Murray is his name. (Good Guy to deal with).
R.C.

still just take them apart, lap valves check hieghts and good luck you are going the rite way
demented

Post by demented »

598 BIG RAT wrote:I am building a 598 Merlin3 with a eagle forged rotating assembly.
I am on a very very tight budget and found a set of pro comp 360
heads that are pre assembled.
I had some people say that if i replaced the springs and small parts
that i could make a decent set of heads. They say the valves are ok.
If anyone has any info on these heads please let me know.
Thanks R.C.
I had a buddy of mine try them on a motor I built for them. It was a 505BBC with some nitrous. About a 200hp shot. Those heads were the biggest POS that we ever used. Heads moved all the time blowing out head gaskets. Pulled multiple exhaust studs out of the heads, Valve spring pockets started cracking toward the end and we never really reached the full potential of the motor. Affer a season we pulled them off and installed a set of AFR 357 heads and all the dependability problems went away. IMO these heads are probably great for a small cube 454 street driven cruiser but thats about it. BE CAREFUL
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

demented wrote:
598 BIG RAT wrote:I am building a 598 Merlin3 with a eagle forged rotating assembly.
I am on a very very tight budget and found a set of pro comp 360
heads that are pre assembled.
I had some people say that if i replaced the springs and small parts
that i could make a decent set of heads. They say the valves are ok.
If anyone has any info on these heads please let me know.
Thanks R.C.
I had a buddy of mine try them on a motor I built for them. It was a 505BBC with some nitrous. About a 200hp shot. Those heads were the biggest POS that we ever used. Heads moved all the time blowing out head gaskets. Pulled multiple exhaust studs out of the heads, Valve spring pockets started cracking toward the end and we never really reached the full potential of the motor. Affer a season we pulled them off and installed a set of AFR 357 heads and all the dependability problems went away. IMO these heads are probably great for a small cube 454 street driven cruiser but thats about it. BE CAREFUL
I dont believe they would work on a 1949 little red wagon. HA HA! And i dont mean a dodge little red wagon.
R.C.
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

cstraub wrote:You want a set of Iron 345's with Jesels?
We ended up going with a set of BB3 big brodies and we have had good service out of them BB3s. (SO FAR) LOL.
hq308

Post by hq308 »

smeg wrote:I see that all the Pro Crap stuff is being sold under the Sydney Speed Supplies brand name now here in Australia.
Maybe Pro Crap is a dirty word now, advertising wise that is.
Pro Comp and Sydney Speed Supplies are one and the same, both owned by the same people. SSS is Pro Comp's head office. They've been selling shonky stuff from there for years and the brand is so damaged now that they are reverting back to one of their older brand names "Speedmaster"
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

wyrmrider wrote:Enginetech sells quality pieces
Please PM me a link to Enginetech if you will, wyrmrider.

Thanks,

pdq67
user-612937456

Post by user-612937456 »

I think I read in a David Vizzard book he got a set and they were so good he didn't want to put them onto one of his engines so he used them as stands for a cool coffee table
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

gvx wrote:I think I read in a David Vizzard book he got a set and they were so good he didn't want to put them onto one of his engines so he used them as stands for a cool coffee table
The fact that the King of Low Dollar Engine Builds would not trust them under the hood of his car tells me all I need to know... He did ask a while back if anyone has seen an improvement in their quality?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

enginetechcatalog.com/
(800) 869-8711 |