Porting Seminar

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

MarkR
Porting Seminar

Post by MarkR »

Has anyone heard of the porting seminar being put on by Harold Bettes and Joel Dubose in late January? Wondering exact dates, time, location and/or if there is any costs?
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Re: Porting Seminar

Post by bill jones »

MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Thanks Bill.
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

Thanks for asking Mark. Bill did a great job of getting the info to you. Thanks Bill.
Mark I will pm you.

If anyone has any questions about it than let me know. I will do my best to get you the answers.
JDE Heads & Manifolds
I'm WD with AFR,Edelbrock and many other parts and castings suppliers.
JDE has port programs In popular castings for performance uses, If you would like a port designed for your project contact me 704-658-6951
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

I have a question for you. I'm working on the seminar and I'm wondering, If you were thinking about attending a seminar what topics would you consider important to cover in the class?? I'm not asking anyone to attend just looking for your thoughts and Ideas that you think would be good discuss. Thanks to anyone who contributes to my efforts to put on a great class !!!!!!!!!!!
JDE Heads & Manifolds
JDE has port programs In popular castings for performance uses, If you would like a port designed for your project contact me 704-658-6951
302ford

Post by 302ford »

How about the effects of low lift flow Joel
Randy
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Joel Dubose wrote:I have a question for you. I'm working on the seminar and I'm wondering, If you were thinking about attending a seminar what topics would you consider important to cover in the class?? I'm not asking anyone to attend just looking for your thoughts and Ideas that you think would be good discuss. Thanks to anyone who contributes to my efforts to put on a great class !!!!!!!!!!!
With the seminar a month away shouldn't you already have your topics nailed down?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

GARY C wrote:
Joel Dubose wrote:I have a question for you. I'm working on the seminar and I'm wondering, If you were thinking about attending a seminar what topics would you consider important to cover in the class?? I'm not asking anyone to attend just looking for your thoughts and Ideas that you think would be good discuss. Thanks to anyone who contributes to my efforts to put on a great class !!!!!!!!!!!
With the seminar a month away shouldn't you already have your topics nailed down?
The topics are nailed down, However I'm looking for what you think is a topic that you would want to be addressed. My goal is to have a seminar that everyone benefits from. If you have any suggestions than I'm open to hear them.
JDE Heads & Manifolds
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

302ford wrote:How about the effects of low lift flow Joel
Randy
Thanks Randy, The topic of flow at various lifts are covered. That was one that has been requested a couple of times so I think that you are right on for what people want to hear.
Thank you for being a contributor. On Jamison's web site I'm going to be putting a questionnaire to find out information about the people that are attending. This will give me some insight as to how to word or modify the outline that I have.
JDE Heads & Manifolds
302ford

Post by 302ford »

Joe check your messages sent you one
302ford

Post by 302ford »

a few more suggestions Joel, how about
1) airflow and airflow benches(how sometimes flow benches lie)
2) discharge coefficients
3) valve seat angles(why are steeper angles better sometimes)
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

302ford wrote:a few more suggestions Joel, how about
1) airflow and airflow benches(how sometimes flow benches lie)
2) discharge coefficients
3) valve seat angles(why are steeper angles better sometimes)
Thanks for input, Randy its a pretty complete class, most of what I'm getting for request are already covered. This is working as a check list to see if I'm leaving anything out. The information has been laid out and just going through to see if I need to modify anything. I'm also working on the presentation on power point. Getting photos in order. Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!
JDE Heads & Manifolds
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

Thanks guys for all the pm's Its great to see that there's still a lot of interest in racing. The future looks great for the sport that we love so much. Keep the questions and comments coming !!!!!!!!!!! :D
JDE Heads & Manifolds
birkey

Post by birkey »

4 valve :D
swatson454
Guru
Guru

Post by swatson454 »

Joel,

One of the things that I struggle with is the ability to know where to remove or add material based on velocity that may be seen elsewhere, i.e., "it was fast here but the correction was a removal of material there" kind of deal.

Another: video tape it for us broke shmucks who can't attend but would buy up the dvd in a heartbeat :mrgreen:

Shawn
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.