General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Re: Speed pro pistons

Post by justahoby »

Alan Roehrich wrote:I'm amused any time anyone buys a part off of evil bay, odds are the part is likely to be a part that failed QC, and got slipped out the back door.
I believe this is the case, even more than just a knock off.. people want to make a buck, and rip off another american.. i saw it in the army, saw it in retail.. people got caught stealing the faulty returns and selling it on ebay….
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

ProPower engines wrote:
novadude wrote:The ones I used were H815acp - Hypereutectic, coated skirt replacements for a 96-99 Vortec 350. They were nice pieces. Made in the USA (Indiana) at the same plant Sealed Power uses for production GM pistons.

http://sealedpowerpistons.com/

Thats the thing most guys don't know about the FM pistons. The ACP identifier denotes made in USA.
They are blowing out the old stock of the india made stuff on ebay and other places like selected discount parts suppliers.

I have some name brand heads in here at the moment that have to be 4th's or 5th's at the very least.

The valve angles are off and the front to back chamber volumes 66cc to 75cc are so far off one will need about .060 angled from end to end to get the chambers close but the valves are tipper .015-.020 towards each other and with a 2.08/1.650 combo it leaves minimal room for them to run without crashing into each other.And the intake flange has a .012-.016 dip between the center intake ports

The discount supplier said that they are with in spec :lol: :lol: so whats the big deal just use a thicker gasket [-X
So what does 'cp' mean? Maybe Communist party? :D :D :D
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Homer

Post by Homer »

This is very good info thank you to every one for waking
me up I was just seeing the name or name brand
cheers Homer
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

So what does 'cp' mean? Maybe Communist party? :D :D :D[/quote]

Or it could be Crappy products :lol: :lol:
But depends on the colour of the box and the script the instructions is written it
A brown box may be the give away :lol:
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

ProPower engines wrote:So what does 'cp' mean? Maybe Communist party? :D :D :D

Or it could be Crappy products :lol: :lol:
But depends on the colour of the box and the script the instructions is written it
A brown box may be the give away :lol:[/quote]

There's a lot of crapola out there…

Years ago I bought a lot of GM spindles for dirt cars at a swap meet in Peoria… every one was machined wrong… but they were cheap!
Homer

Post by Homer »

Can any one give me a recommendation for a reasonable priced piston for my application, 351w, gt40p heads, stock crank, stock rods, hydraulic flat tappet came circle track 9.5 to 1 compression rule and 2bbl Carb. Thanks in advance.
cheers Homer
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

Homer wrote:Can any one give me a recommendation for a reasonable priced piston for my application, 351w, gt40p heads, stock crank, stock rods, hydraulic flat tappet came circle track 9.5 to 1 compression rule and 2bbl Carb. Thanks in advance.
Claimer? KB junk may work to save a buck..
Otherwise people are saying probes are awesome durable forged units.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pbp-p ... 7AodJRsApg
Disclaimer, I have not yet used probes , but I plan on putting them In My 496 as they were recommended to me on a thread in here.
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

We used Wiseco Pro Tru's in our recent SBC build… my builder has had good luck with the. If you have the $$$$ get some Manley 2 bbl. with the low friction ring pack or the same in a different brand....