Erson Cams Quality Discussion

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion

Post by ErsonCamShop »

Jay Roeder wrote:Just ordered another custom roller for a customer BBF Truck Pull engine. Talked to Eric on Tuesday morning. Cam was ground and shipped SAME DAY! Got it today and it had a Cam Pro sheet included! Very nice! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the positive feedback. We're trying to have the fastest turn around time with the highest quality product possible.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

Hope everybody had a great weekend racing. Just letting you know we're still checking the forum. If anyone has any problems or complaints with anything, let me know.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
Xnke
Pro
Pro

Post by Xnke »

ErsonCamShop wrote:
Xnke wrote:Do you have the tooling to do Datsun OHC cams? They would be regrinds, as the available cores currently in the US are not metallurgically sound and fail very often, even with mild lobes on them.

There is a place in japan that has the original alloy blanks available, though...how much they cost I can't work out yet...or how many I need to buy!
Without getting to see one I don't know, but I would like to take a look at one and see if we do have tooling that will fit it, or that we can modify to make work for this. We'd be glad to regrind any of these you'd like to work on.
Thanks
Russ
I am down in Bowling green and will be bringing the Z up to Louisville for dyno testing later in the year. I can bring a few cam cores with me for you all to look at.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I just put cam in my personal 406 with a set of my VFactor v2.70PF and a Holley 300-110.

greywolf
Expert
Expert

Post by greywolf »

cspeier wrote:I just put cam in my personal 406 with a set of my VFactor v2.70PF and a Holley 300-110.

Looks promising, what's the .200 duration???
When I turned 47 years old, I entered into my 5th decade of drag racing.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I'd say 195 intake and 200 exhaust.
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

BVVC sit cam follower grinds
even a minor difference in design or dimensions requires a different master
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

I am down in Bowling green and will be bringing the Z up to Louisville for dyno testing later in the year. I can bring a few cam cores with me for you all to look at.
Excellent, please bring them by and I'll gladly give you a tour of the shop.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

Just checking in with you guys. Been a while since we've talked to anybody on here. If anybody needs anything, just let us know. Be glad to help.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
SLPRACINGENGINES
Pro
Pro

Post by SLPRACINGENGINES »

hey russ got a cam fro eric last week,,it was a small472 lift 240 235 cut on a 106plus4 is what the paper said,,when i gereeed it in i cam in at 106..need to get eric to prinyt new sheets for this cam,,by the way cam done great i degreed it in a added 4 plus ..little can made great h/p and torque off the corner..enould that we won with it..tthanks again man
swatson454
Guru
Guru

Post by swatson454 »

How's that online lobe master coming? :D

Shawn
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

Currently, our website is down. It should be up and kicking in a couple of days. Thanks for asking. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. By the way, thanks SLPRacingEngines, if there's ever anything else we can do for you or you ever have any quality issues, please let me know.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

Site still down ...

I kept getting bandwidth exceeded errors a few days ago ... it takes a lot longer than what you think to get these websites running ...

Look forward to seeing you guys up and going ... I'll try Erson for my next build ;)
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

If anybody's in town for the Street Rod Nationals, I'd like to invite you to stop by the shop anytime from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I'd be glad to show you around Erson Cams, introduce you to the guys who grind your cams, and you can check out how a Berco grinder works in person. 8000 Old 3rd Street Rd, Louisville, KY 40214.
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
user-3597028

Post by user-3597028 »

ErsonCamShop wrote:If anybody's in town for the Street Rod Nationals, I'd like to invite you to stop by the shop anytime from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I'd be glad to show you around Erson Cams, introduce you to the guys who grind your cams, and you can check out how a Berco grinder works in person. 8000 Old 3rd Street Rd, Louisville, KY 40214.
I may have to make a special trip sometime just to see the place. Maybe on the way to bike week...

The 392 Hemi cam came today. Spectacular! Who else provides a Cam Pro Plus report with virtually every cam?

Thanks, Ron