Yella Terra/replacement part dealers ?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Durney

Yella Terra/replacement part dealers ?

Post by Durney »

I have a customer that has been getting nowhere trying to find a set of replacement locknuts for the Pontiac twin-shaft rockers he has (brand new but missing a couple).

After getting ALL the info off the rockers and sending pics of the locknuts the US "parts rep" has sent him polylocks (what!?) and has asked for a set be sent to him to examine (which he has now but is still stumped).

I am temped to call Smith but these are somewhat "odd" shaped and don't look like any of the Jesel or T&D spares I have.

Any dealers out there with parts?

Customer is livid and I don't blame him for what he has gone though.
"Still learning that 20 years of experience ...can be your worst enemy"
Malvn
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Yella Terra/replacement part dealers ?

Post by Malvn »

Try giving Mike Lewis a call he is a dealer for them & Mike is a great guy to deal with . :)
http://www.lewisracingengines.com/contactus.html
Malvn
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Malvn »

Malvn
Mike Lewis he is a dealer for them
I apologize to the poster OP I just looked at Mike Lewis Vendor List I do not see he is a Deal for Yella Terra roller rockers .

But I would still give Mike a call he might be able to help you or knows some one that is a dealer for those roller rockers for the parts you need . :)
user-z68766209

Post by user-z68766209 »

I would suggest contacting them direct down under.. send a pic. and have them
give you a part number and who would stock it here in the states.....
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Mike Lewis/ Wolfplace is who I bought my set from. Great price and he was able to get the correct set for my heads.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Joe Facciano
BlackoutSteve
Expert
Expert

Post by BlackoutSteve »

Try buying them locally. (USA)
YT and their retailers charge us plenty more than you guys.. :(

For example, I paid ~AU$630 for YT6651 rockers (Buick V6) -which was an easy $100 less than most other local prices.. http://vpw.com.au/Category/Index/479740
Normally they're about AU$700-750.
The first Google search result finds them already at US$470 https://sdparts.com/details/yella-terra/yt6651
I live 1/2 hour from Yella Terra and pay $160-280 more compared to if I lived on the other side of the world.
Yeah, yeah, buying power and all that crap. It's still a slap in the face..

Then again, if you bought them direct, I'm sure being in the USA, they'd charge you less than they'd charge me as a local. :P
Post pictures, or it didn't happen!
Durney

Post by Durney »

Pics are on the way to AU. After a quick search it looks like they changed the adjuster locknut at some point but the rockers would all need to be at least spotfaced for the new style. Its not a matter of where to buy them as the customer just needs a functional set asap and noone seems to have a clue. I'd consider switching mfr. but custom pushrods and geometry are all set. By the way the customer has been trying to solve this with YT for a month.
"Still learning that 20 years of experience ...can be your worst enemy"
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Durney wrote:Pics are on the way to AU. After a quick search it looks like they changed the adjuster locknut at some point but the rockers would all need to be at least spotfaced for the new style. Its not a matter of where to buy them as the customer just needs a functional set asap and noone seems to have a clue. I'd consider switching mfr. but custom pushrods and geometry are all set. By the way the customer has been trying to solve this with YT for a month.

I had a similar issue when the 1st came on the seen. great design but dealer help was hard to deal with and the local dealers here gave up and don't handle them any more.

Best advise given by YT direct was to call down under and give their techs all the details regarding the application and have them figure out what set to use.
After that never have had any issues. It may take an extra week to go through the motions but you will never get the wrong set again. :D
If You find a builder/dealer thats the guy to get them from as they get to know the problems. But theres still no excuse for a package with out all the parts in it :evil:

Mike Lewis is a great guy to deal with for this stuff as well. Give him a call ............
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
shoedoos
Expert
Expert

Post by shoedoos »

99 percent sure the adjuster and locknut on a Yella Terra is the same as Jesel and/or T&D