decel question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

decel question

Post by Belgian1979 »

I notice the following behavior : engine idles at 69 kPa absoluut vacuum. When shutting the throttle and going into decel the engine goes to very low vacuum levels of <20 kPa and after some time back up again to higher values. Can I assume that this is an indication the ring seal is ok, or is this more a function of the exhaust suction or a combination of both ?
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru
Re: decel question

Post by dieselgeek »

Belgian1979 wrote:I notice the following behavior : engine idles at 69 kPa absoluut vacuum. When shutting the throttle and going into decel the engine goes to very low vacuum levels of <20 kPa and after some time back up again to higher values. Can I assume that this is an indication the ring seal is ok, or is this more a function of the exhaust suction or a combination of both ?

I know it as the sign of a healthy engine. Sounds like you are having fun with all this new data you are viewing. You've come a long ways!
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Re: decel question

Post by Belgian1979 »

Hi Scott,

Fiddled with the farting problem :lol: a little this weekend. I tried reducing the fueling and so on, but it was still there. I seem to have it more in the 2200-3600 range so I'm going to give it even more ignition timing there to see if it helps. After that I guess I will be looking at exhaust leaks.

I would love to put some extra map sensors on the boxes and intake tubes to see if there is anything going on there, but this seems not so simple.