Shear plate for BLP extended dominator

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

jamie
Pro
Pro

Post by jamie »

Has anyone built one of these yet? I was thinking of making one to try on a profiler tunnel ram.Any thoughts?
Thanks
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Re: Shear plate for BLP extended dominator

Post by jmarkaudio »

BLP has a couple of things they have used, spacers and sheer plates are really subject to the engine they are on and what the engine wants. The primary concern is about getting equal distribution, and using whatever spacer to make that happen if it's needed.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
jamie
Pro
Pro

Post by jamie »

I built a flat top with a 1 inch spacer under it that I ran last year on the dyno.I am thinking of making a teepee style top plate for better fuel distribution.I have the dyno sheets if you want any info.Thanks jmarkaudio
jamie
Pro
Pro

Post by jamie »

Well I had my son draw up a plenum top on Solidworks with a shear plate built in.He takes an engineering course in high school. I sent the program to my buddy who machined it.It goes to the dyno a week from Wednesday.I will let you know how it does.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rickseeman

Post by rickseeman »

SEXY
StanJ

Post by StanJ »

jmarkaudio wrote:BLP has a couple of things they have used, spacers and sheer plates are really subject to the engine they are on and what the engine wants. The primary concern is about getting equal distribution, and using whatever spacer to make that happen if it's needed.
Agreed, Mark. what is this manifold's general reputation fuel distribution-wise?

(Remembering an "interesting" experience with a particular Dart Box Ram manifold a few years back...guessing you remember that one also. About all you could do with that one was throw everything in your track box at it and [-o< )
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

StanJ wrote:
jmarkaudio wrote:BLP has a couple of things they have used, spacers and sheer plates are really subject to the engine they are on and what the engine wants. The primary concern is about getting equal distribution, and using whatever spacer to make that happen if it's needed.
Agreed, Mark. what is this manifold's general reputation fuel distribution-wise?

(Remembering an "interesting" experience with a particular Dart Box Ram manifold a few years back...guessing you remember that one also. About all you could do with that one was throw everything in your track box at it and [-o< )
Gave me a new respect for distribution... I still have the top I used, use it for holding Dominators on my mill for machining. About all it's good for... :lol:
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
jamie
Pro
Pro

Post by jamie »

We will see what happens. :)
Mike Laws
Pro
Pro

Post by Mike Laws »

jamie wrote:Well I had my son draw up a plenum top on Solidworks with a shear plate built in.He takes an engineering course in high school. I sent the program to my buddy who machined it.It goes to the dyno a week from Wednesday.I will let you know how it does.
Nice job on that that manifold top. Should run good!
Mike Laws Performance
jamie
Pro
Pro

Post by jamie »

Thanks Mike.I will relay the message to my son.