Mopar 383 main caps

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

AA Performance
Guru
Guru

Mopar 383 main caps

Post by AA Performance »

Can some one give me a contact number to anyone that can supply the BCR alloy main caps If they are no longer available, who makes an equivalent high quality alloy main cap? Thanks guys.
ClassicComp
Expert
Expert
Re: Mopar 383 main caps

Post by ClassicComp »

Try here. Sales@cipcoindustries.com. They have done custom cap work before.
results speak for themselves
AA Performance
Guru
Guru

Post by AA Performance »

Prefer non custom as cost goes up. BCR are good quality off the shelf
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

mmmitch588 wrote:Can some one give me a contact number to anyone that can supply the BCR alloy main caps If they are no longer available, who makes an equivalent high quality alloy main cap? Thanks guys.

Call them direct
586-350-8561
Or email jerry@dsconcepts.com and ask for a suitably located dealer/dealers that will ship to you.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
AA Performance
Guru
Guru

Post by AA Performance »

That E Mail doesnt seem to be working. Any other Ideas please.
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

did you try

Call them direct
586-350-8561
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

wyrmrider wrote:did you try

Call them direct
586-350-8561

I called for you and ,

Cost $399 for set of 5 caps. These are the same as their girdle cap set so if you go that way they are already machine to accept their girdle as well.
They no longer make stock replacement cap sets.

You have to phone them at this time

Dave
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

what service
on a silver platter
OP is this some kind of matching number deal?
if not build a 400 or 440
parts are much easier to source- like pistons
I've done a couple of 440 crank 383's but those were for matching number Superbirds and stick shift cuda
otherwise pass on the 383
Ron E
Guru
Guru

Post by Ron E »

They made a 383 Superbird?
alteredu

Post by alteredu »

If you have a 400 block, and a 440 crank, build a 451 - That is the best MOPAR motor you can build out of stock parts anyway.
AA Performance
Guru
Guru

Post by AA Performance »

Thanks a bundle Propower, much appreciated. I'll try staying up late tonite & order a set. Reason for the 383 build is that the customer had it. He also had a 3.915 crank & rods & wanted to use all he had. Already had a set of pistons made for him as the block was already at .040". I know its not the best way to go but try telling the customers that they should spend more money. Just on a side note, we plan on around 650 - 700 hp using the Eddy Victor 440 heads on pump gas street car, would you guys go with a girdle as well or will the alloy caps do on there own. I've never really liked fitting girdles on mains. Thanks again.
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

383 bird
yes they did
one in Pasadena CA is a 4 speed car
like new
and when I was service manager at a Chrysler dealer when they were new we could not give them away
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

mmmitch588 wrote:Thanks a bundle Propower, much appreciated. I'll try staying up late tonite & order a set. Reason for the 383 build is that the customer had it. He also had a 3.915 crank & rods & wanted to use all he had. Already had a set of pistons made for him as the block was already at .040". I know its not the best way to go but try telling the customers that they should spend more money. Just on a side note, we plan on around 650 - 700 hp using the Eddy Victor 440 heads on pump gas street car, would you guys go with a girdle as well or will the alloy caps do on there own. I've never really liked fitting girdles on mains. Thanks again.

I did one a little while back 400/440 deal with the 440 source heads CNC ported and it made right at 680 HP and less cost then the Eddy heads with the same port job.
The girdle can be a PITA to do but for a stock block I think its worth the time. If the caps are machined right and you do not have to dick with spacers then that would be much easier. I was tempted to get different caps for the last one because the spacer/shim kit is just a ton of extra work but if the caps are made so they can be machined parallel to the bottom of the block.

There is a CNC head shop near me that has a program for them. really nice as I here he does some work for Eddy as well but he also did some Vis heads for a 600 inch bracket engine that turned out very nice. There is a new head I think Hughes is promoting I think we are going to try out that flows better then the eddy heads after they have the CNC work done.
My customer gave me some numbers but I am not positive which head he is going to try next.

But with some work them 440 source heads are not bad.
AA Performance
Guru
Guru

Post by AA Performance »

Called & ordered the caps & girdle.Thanks guys.
Propower, the e mail is jerry@sdconcepts.com ,not dsconcepts but thanks anyway, all good now
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

ProPower engines wrote:
mmmitch588 wrote:Can some one give me a contact number to anyone that can supply the BCR alloy main caps If they are no longer available, who makes an equivalent high quality alloy main cap? Thanks guys.

Call them direct
586-350-8561
Or email jerry@dsconcepts.com and ask for a suitably located dealer/dealers that will ship to you.
Thanks
I am not sure I did I spell it different :D

They were backed up checking emails then.