Rocker I.D.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

brechlrl
Pro
Pro
Rocker I.D.

Post by brechlrl »

Can anyone identify the mfg of this rocker arm?.. It came on an engine I bought and of course I just need 1.

IMG_20150629_113641_078.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
needforspeed66gt
Guru
Guru

Re: Rocker I.D.

Post by needforspeed66gt »

Old Probe Industries?
Nate @steeldustmachine
Engine Machinist
brechlrl
Pro
Pro

Post by brechlrl »

I think you are right.. The stud girdle is Probe..

I suppose they are no longer made?
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Contact LGM Racing Development I know he bought Probes tooling to do the shaft rockers. I talked to them about it when I bought my shaft rockers. Maybe they could help you out.
Paul Kane

Post by Paul Kane »

brechlrl wrote:Can anyone identify the mfg of this rocker arm?.. It came on an engine I bought and of course I just need 1.
I could be mistaken, but I don't think that's a Probe rocker. Compared to the Probe rockers that I have seen, your rocker arm has a slightly different rocker body shape (particularly along the top and at the nose) and a different roller pin. But anything's possible.

(By the way, based on the wear/damage in the rocker slot as viewed from both top and bottom, it looks as though someone was using pushrods that were way too short for the rocker arm's intended application.)

They look more to me more like an old Angus Racing (Florida) rocker arm, circa 1990 or so. To view a 2-page Speedtalk thread with a similar rocker, click on this link: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43613

Paul
We're On The Web; Click Below:
High Flow Dynamics
Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family