Re: Build a Lightning Bronco?

Post by englertracing »

what ever happened to this?
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

englertracing wrote:what ever happened to this?
Mikey changed the oil filter after we broke in the cam. I moved to florida. Mikey became friendly with the Ford kid who flowed the heads. The kid was supposed to pop off the intake and check rockers for clearance but it never happened. Had the oil filter cut open and check for metal.Oil filter clean. Winter, so the truck sat. Mikey just had his best friend pass, Shelby a super dominant Female lab.Toughest dog I have ever met. That loss took away any drive to work on the bronco. Hopefully after spring hits Mikey will change the oil and get some help.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

Update of an old thread: Mikey has a cousin who is a GM world class tech. He checked out the Broncos from top to bottom, listening devices, cam card , specs etc. He loved the idea of gutting a Lightning, he liked the combo and specs and after a good listen he heard nothing but the injectors! This mill has basically sat for two years and the fuel is that old as well. Started right up after unsticking the solenoid and ran amazingly well I hear. Mikey's cousin was impressed with the quality of the workmanship and the choices used in the combo, he said it sounded like it had an "attitude problem" and that just made Mikey' s day. So all is well and after he saves a few $ for new 40" tires the Lightning Bronco could be out showing it's "attitude". Thanks, Charlie
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST