Gathering parts.. mild SBF 347

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Re: Gathering parts.. mild SBF 347

Post by David Vizard »

I see the subject of Jonesey's cams have cropped up several times so far. Mike has done 3 cams for me for SBF street drivers. Have to say they worked really well. Torque figures were consistently at or above 1.35 lbs-ft per cube on a 10.5/s compression. Heads were basic small port (160 ish) from RHS,Edelbrock and Dart.

Hope the build parts are still coming your way at a good price.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Old as Dirt »

Thanks David..
Had to pay retail on most of the stuff I bought new, but the deal on the AFR 185 CNC'd heads helped the budget bigtime.. left me some wiggle room.
Going to order the main seals your friend Terry Walters makes, because it makes sense to reduce the force it takes to roll the engine over.. anything in that department is sound advice.. Thanks for that!
Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Old as Dirt »

Made a little progress today..
Seems like it has rained just about every day this month, and with the yardwork coming to an end for the year I had a chance to get something done..
Pulled the tarp off the back of little Hotrod MC boat and tore into it..

347 Stroker is needing the Nicson front timing cover/water pump setup along with the Bellhousing and flywheel/Harmonic dampner before the rotating assembly can be balanced..
Ran some parts down to Gus Foster so the block could get line honed with the Crank Girdle in place after Plate bored/honed.. She is slowly coming along, hoping to get in the water for the 50th Anniversary.. bet it was pretty cool back in 1967..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Old as Dirt »

Slowly making headway, a year later.. Got the shortblock back from Gus finally, zero deck, line honed and plated bore/hone.. .0035 clearance on the bore/ .0025 mains/ .0020 rods.. loose, only you'll know.. tight, and everyone knows.. cold lake water needs more piston clearance..

Sold the AFR heads(185 CNC ported, was offered way more than I bought them for) and looking to pick up some Profiler or RHS bare heads in a 180- 200cc model.. smaller combustion chamber/ more compression(60cc) around 11.5:1-12:1, will figure that out when I pick up the heads..

Found a deal on a Weiand 1885 Tunnel ram w/1850-5 600cfm VS carbs and linkage(425.00 shipped).. will have to find another Nicson scoop to match the one I have off the original 289..
Not going to use the Nicson wet logs.. found a set of "stainless roadster headers" that I will modify to run upside down and over the transom.

Boat is in a local shop getting some glass work done on the transom, then off to paint and interior.. gonna get this little hotrod in the water this spring.. I hope.. :wink:
tunnel ram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.