EQ Head?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: EQ Head?

Post by GARY C »

I have never found it wise to further restrict a restricted engine nor do I consider a few degree change in duration a goofy revised cam. The carb only becomes a restriction in the upper RPM range so you have to focus on low end power and a broad tq band and no I do not build these but I know plenty that do and some due to valve and lift restriction are still successful with 30* seats and goofy revised cam shafts.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Ok Gary, from your vast experience knowing someone that knows someone :roll: , you win, your right, I am wrong. OP, use a 30 degree seat. You should do really well.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

I would not opt for 30* seats If I had the option of a bigger valve but for the sake of argument Fshaft what have you found when increasing flow available to the engine?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
68stcracing

Post by 68stcracing »

Will probably be a 4.040 x 3.480 bore and stroke if that helps any?