Porsche Variable compression rod

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Sir Yun
Expert
Expert

Re: Porsche Variable compression rod

Post by Sir Yun »

pdq67 wrote: And as for Benzene being bad for us, the EPA still allows like 1 percent of it in our fuels if not mistaken! Hell, Benzene isn't harmful at all unless you drink it OR take a bath in it so get the f** real here!
pdq67
Yes 1% is still alowed, but the benzene is not harmful part.. is just utter tripe.
“There is no authority who decides what is a good idea.”
― Richard Feynman

Expert ? Me ? ...whhhhaaahahhaahahaha
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... /9,322,331

Associated patent. I would be surprised if it not already being tested by clients. Perhaps it helps to effectively counter LSPI.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Sir Yun wrote:
pdq67 wrote: And as for Benzene being bad for us, the EPA still allows like 1 percent of it in our fuels if not mistaken! Hell, Benzene isn't harmful at all unless you drink it OR take a bath in it so get the f** real here!
pdq67
Yes 1% is still allowed, but the benzene is not harmful part.. is just utter tripe.
Ok, please post back what you and whoever considers the, "harmful parts"!

And I have read the Gov's CFR\s, sections/subsections(?), about fuels..

pdq67
poboyengineering

Post by poboyengineering »

pdq67 wrote:I do remember a third little-bitty intake valve that was used to feed a rich mixture of fuel/air into the chamber that was filled with a really lean mixture. I forget if it worked or not?

I want to say, an early attempt at, "stratified charging", of the cylinders? They wanted Youto run the engine up at like 19 to 22 to 1 instead of at Stochiometric(Sp?) F/A so needed a rich, "match" to light it off because at that ratio it wouldn't light off. At least I think that was the concept?

pdq67
You are thinking of the Honda CVCC engine. Great little fuel misers, surprisingly trouble free. They used a 3 barrel Mikuni carb,the third barrel fed a thimble sized chamber that housed the spark plug. A hole in the chamber let the burning mixture into the main chamber that was run VERY lean.