Intake manifold recommendations

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Intake manifold recommendations

Post by swampbuggy »

371 C.I. S.B.C. 18 Deg. Brodix "C" head which has a 5 Deg. intake gasket angle. Or to say, the head gasket surface in relation to the intake gasket surface on the head is 85 deg. instead of the common 80 deg. Hoping for peak H. P. to be 8 to 9000 rpm. Want to stay with a high flowing single plane such as edelbrock's #2958 but not sure if it will fit the 5 Deg. deal? Was thinking the gentleman that in a former thread said he raced 18 Deg. engines years ago in road racing and had Jack Baldwin as one of his drivers might be able to shed some light on my question ?
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: Intake manifold recommendations

Post by mag2555 »

Why not one of Brodix own Manifolds for these heads?
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

MAG 22555, I am aware that Brodix makes a manifold for these heads i just don"t know if it is the best choice ? Edelbrock has been proven to offer excellent manifolds over the years so i was leaning that way, BUT i am not ruling out brand at this point. Was hoping someone with experience in these would come forward like Walter M. No matter which one i get im sure it will be massaged by someone in the know
steve316
Expert
Expert

Post by steve316 »

looks like a gm copy; if so their spider wood work, along edelbrock , the dart has smaller runners. First order would be to find out if the c stands for copy.
partymole

Post by partymole »

"c" stands for clone of the GM 18 degree head.
The older I get,the faster I think that I was?
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Steve316 Edelbrock offers two different runner sizes 2.9 sq. in. AND a 3.2 sq. in. with a 4150 carb. perch.