Ported Dart pro 1 pre platinum

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Re: Ported Dart pro 1 pre platinum

Post by steve cowan »

good thread guys,why was the other 215 thread locked ??
i was enjoying that one as i have a out of the box 215 platinums on my 383
i know there is always difference in opinions on different ways to achieve our power goals,but thats the beauty of it because it is all opinion and we all have different ideas of making power or how things work

steve c
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

Not sure why it is locked. I am sorry That I couldn't share the last two days progress with those who would like to see it. 215's are nice out of the box but a straight forward port job gives them 40 + cfm boost.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

JC guys isnt there enough to go around ?

Everyone does things a little different big deal.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

RevTheory wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:19 am As always, excellent work!

It's unfortunate that the same never-DV crew got your other thread shut down. They can't seem to help themselves.
I didn't see anything that would justify it being locked, unless that part was deleted.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
smeg
Expert
Expert

Post by smeg »

Carnut1 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:37 am I read through this thread again when I realized my Dart 215 exhaust ports were a bit sad. I applied some advice given in this thread and was rewarded with a 20 cfm loss! Luckily I did this on my "extra" head! Interested to see what happens after learning this lesson. Two more ports to figure it out. Thanks, Charlie
That 20 loss on the exhaust doesn't always mean you will lose power... maybe the opposite.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Carnut1 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:37 pm Not sure why it is locked. I am sorry That I couldn't share the last two days progress with those who would like to see it. 215's are nice out of the box but a straight forward port job gives them 40 + cfm boost.
You could share hear and ad a link to the other post.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

GARY C wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 pm

It's unfortunate that the same never-DV crew got your other thread shut down. They can't seem to help themselves.
I didn't see anything that would justify it being locked, unless that part was deleted.
Our host has a policy with which I fully agree to just act, not explain/discuss, such decisions. In this case I think I need to raise my hand for significantly contributing to an inappropriate degree of commercialization. :oops: :oops:
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

MadBill wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:52 pm
GARY C wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Our host has a policy with which I fully agree to just act, not explain/discuss, such decisions. In this case I think I need to raise my hand for significantly contributing to an inappropriate degree of commercialization. :oops: :oops:
I may not agree with why but I agree with the forum owner having the right to run his site as he wishes, it's nice to know why so others hopefully do not repeat said action. :)
Please Note!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

1231171554a.jpg
An interesting couple days with radius seats, throat ratios, ssr shape, valve shapes, textures and flows. Not sure if the 215 thread was shut down because I myself am too commercial, it would be nice to know the infringement so it could be avoided in the future. Heck, in the last 4.5 years active on ST I have made a total of $600 through ST contacts. Not quitting my day job anytime in the future! Thanks, Charlie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST