Moderator: Team

cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: 432" SBF build.

Post by cjperformance »

bigjoe1 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 pm MUCH BETTER CHOICE

JOE SHERMAN RACING
Yes, the 1st cams i posted were VERY cheap pickups. Initially budget said 1 of them would get used but enough cash was saved on other parts to allow a bit of an upgrade thankfully.
Craig.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

IMG_20171102_248.jpg
Well the 432 is all together and in the flesh looks real good all in satin black. No bling on the whole car, white and satin black, looks really cool. I will get some pics sent on the weekend.
Unfortunately my phone memory card died and i lost all the pics in my phone with only the last shot prior to wrapping it up and rolling it out to the trailer saved in my phones memory which is a bummer. But i hear its now in the car almost ready to start and will be at the strip on sarurday for a few soft passes to check the car and licence the driver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig.
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

Nice!
statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems »

Yup...I love satin black. Looks very cool.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Thanks guys.
Yeah i like the satin look. Im not into shiney stuff, i had a show bike years ago and it put me off cleaning and chrome and polished alloy for life ! Haha.
I have 2 more on the go for the satin look.
A 308 holden all satin like the 432 then a 408 clevo all satin but this guy knows a chrome plater and his car , XT Falcon, is mat black with convos and all the bumpers, chrome and stainless trim done in satin chrome. Its about to be assembled but is looking awesome. He has had stock clevo "power by ford" valve covers done in satin chrome aswell, they look great. Something a bit different
Craig.
tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Post by tuffxf »

Nice! Like the black!☺
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

IMG_20171109_27696.jpg
Well Mat got the car out to the track, much suspension sorting required which in turn will help traction. Main thing is he had a ton of fun, it ran strong (apart from the starter drive gear falling off at one point !) and he started to get used to driving it again and even with a near idle speed foot brake launch(has a PG, trans brake + 2 step) and a 5200 shift into top gear with a lot of peddling still managed to get a PB at 6.66@106 with a lot of driver nerve settling and HP usage still to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig.
tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Post by tuffxf »

Way to go Craig!
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Looks good Craig. You guys will get it dialed then hang on.May i ask why you guys like the shorter rocker on exh?
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Cheers Paul thanks mate.

Steve this ended up with 1.6 rockers intake and exhaust.
To me the different rocker ratios are simply a handy tool to manipulate the valve lift curve. You can in short get 4 slightly different 'grinds' out of one cam by using 1.6/1.6, 1.6/1.7, 1.7/16 & 1.7/1.7.
So if stuck with a cam thats not the best for the combo you can just play with how the valve sees the lobe. Same as changing roller lifter wheel diameter.

Once suspension is sorted and he can go consistent full power runs then I'll do some new pipes for it. There was no time to modify the pipes so we used an AFR header flange between the heads and the traditional windsor port shape on his pipes as a makeshift adaptor to soften the mismatch ! #-o as the AFR port is quite different and a lot wider than the normal windsor port. So theres a little gain to be had down the track once he can use it.
IMG_20171109_3829.jpg
Craig.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Ok i see. I thought maybe running into clearance issues on exh. Seems to work real well. Afr seems to have good product i have never used. Everyone i see using there stuff run well.Good work.Whose heads on clevor?
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Steve.k wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:16 pm Ok i see. I thought maybe running into clearance issues on exh. Seems to work real well. Afr seems to have good product. Everyone i see using there stuff run well.Good work.
Yes the AFR stuff is good for sure, no fitting issues, good consistent port alignment. Had to cut/weld the guide plates for tip alignment but thats pretty normal and almost nothing is perfect there without a chop n' tig!
But clearance issues on everything else with the 4.250" crank ,, :lol: man a 4.170" crank falls into these but that extra bit creates a LOT of extra work. All part of the fun!
Craig.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Steve.k wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:16 pm Ok i see. I thought maybe running into clearance issues on exh. Seems to work real well. Afr seems to have good product i have never used. Everyone i see using there stuff run well.Good work.Whose heads on clevor?
Steve, sorry i missed this bit of question , heads on clevor?
Craig.
BigBlocksOnTop2
Pro
Pro
Location: Chancellorsville Battle Field, Chancellorsville, Virginia

Post by BigBlocksOnTop2 »

Nice and early spring down under.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

BigBlocksOnTop2 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:41 am Nice and early spring down under.
Well the seasons here have been kind of all over the place, iirc the last day of winter was beautiful and sunny and the 1st day of spring was cold and wet, temps since then have been up and down like a honeymooners nightdress ! :lol:
Craig.