Engine block fillers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Outlawfigure8#48
Engine block fillers

Post by Outlawfigure8#48 »

Ok, I'm new to this forum and I've seen a few things on engine block fillers. But, my biggest question is if a block has filler in it that's coming out and you add filler to it and it be perfectly fine. The reason I'm asking is because I'm building a 350 sbc and its bored .060 over and while I was looking it over I noticed some of the filler between cylinders 1,3,5,7 that the filler was falling apart. Cleaned it out but can't get in the block enough to clean it perfectly and don't want to risk damaging a water pump on it.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: Engine block fillers

Post by mag2555 »

I would contact Coltronics in NY and get a pint or two of there 600 degree Duralco thin expoxy # 4460-1.
Mix & pour it in and rock the block to coat and seal the top of all the current filler in the block and your Golden!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
createaaron

Re: Engine block fillers

Post by createaaron »

I don't think you can pour new filler on top of old filler. Your best bet is an epoxy or fiberglass resin maybe?
Horsepower is a beautiful thing