First time out with new 412Reher Morrison looking for opinions

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

splitdecision71
Re: First time out with new 412Reher Morrison looking for opinions

Post by splitdecision71 »

VegaJohn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm
splitdecision71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 pm
VegaJohn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:03 pm Here is there performance chart. At sea level. My car is 2626lbs my engine is a 412 but similar to the 23 degree 427 in the chart. My best is 6.12@112 at 4200DA
Brother your tenth or more is with out a doubt the density altitude!!!!!
I just can’t wait to hear how you do. You are going to be well into the 5s. I would seriously think about wheelie bars. You don’t want to destroy a sweet car.
You think so? I was shifting in to high gear about 75 to 100 ft before finish line. Now I should cross some where around 7100 to 7300 in high gear. I cant imagine it picking up that much but I hope so. I want to run the 5.80 or 6.0 index. If i need wheelie bars then so be it!!!!!
Its for sure going to be a fun ride for the first 60ft or more. I have always told my buddies the best part of the ride is the first 60!!!!
Here is my car with old motor and 150 shot of spray.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VegaJohn

Post by VegaJohn »

splitdecision71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm
splitdecision71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Brother your tenth or more is with out a doubt the density altitude!!!!!
I just can’t wait to hear how you do. You are going to be well into the 5s. I would seriously think about wheelie bars. You don’t want to destroy a sweet car.
You think so? I was shifting in to high gear about 75 to 100 ft before finish line. Now I should cross some where around 7100 to 7300 in high gear. I cant imagine it picking up that much but I hope so. I want to run the 5.80 or 6.0 index. If i need wheelie bars then so be it!!!!!
Its for sure going to be a fun ride for the first 60ft or more. I have always told my buddies the best part of the ride is the first 60!!!!
That’s awesome. The huge jump you did in gearing is going to make it pitch up more. Unless you are 4 link. My car never hardly wheelied at all with this engine and 4.88s and the 1.76 first gear. Now with 5.67s I really think I could stand it vertical if I wanted to.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

With chassis adjustments you can turn some of the excess wheelie energy into forward motion energy.
Its about finding the happy medium between weight transfer and getting rear bite and moving forward quickly.
(Sooner). It will come.
VegaJohn

Post by VegaJohn »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm With chassis adjustments you can turn some of the excess wheelie energy into forward motion energy.
Its about finding the happy medium between weight transfer and getting rear bite and moving forward quickly.
(Sooner). It will come.
Yes I’m going to go with double adjustable front shocks and travel limiters. In the rear I have some new single adjustable to replace the old ones. Wheelies look cool but it wastes time.
splitdecision71

VegaJohn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm

That’s awesome. The huge jump you did in gearing is going to make it pitch up more. Unless you are 4 link. My car never hardly wheelied at all with this engine and 4.88s and the 1.76 first gear. Now with 5.67s I really think I could stand it vertical if I wanted to.
Mine is a ladderbar set up. it does well. I hit the old motor with a 300 shot of spray before and it did a 1.29 60ft with the bumper about 3 to four inches off the ground and just carried them out a ways. Drove strait as can be. Im banking on it doing the same thing now. Here is a pic of that launch.
p.s. This is before I had the car wrapped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VegaJohn

Post by VegaJohn »

splitdecision71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Mine is a ladderbar set up. it does well. I hit the old motor with a 300 shot of spray before and it did a 1.29 60ft with the bumper about 3 to four inches off the ground and just carried them out a ways. Drove strait as can be. Im banking on it doing the same thing now. Here is a pic of that launch.
That super high 1.76 first gear was why. Now with your 5.67s you are going to hit those tires harder than ever before. Just be cautious. I had to pedal mine from a wheelie going hard left at the end of last season and my tranny pan fins scraped the rubber off the track. Slightly buldged my oil pan and flat spotted 2 header tubes. No matter what happens you make sure someone is recording that launch cause I want to see the footage.
splitdecision71

VegaJohn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm

That super high 1.76 first gear was why. Now with your 5.67s you are going to hit those tires harder than ever before. Just be cautious. I had to pedal mine from a wheelie going hard left at the end of last season and my tranny pan fins scraped the rubber off the track. Slightly buldged my oil pan and flat spotted 2 header tubes. No matter what happens you make sure someone is recording that launch cause I want to see the footage.
That's 5.86s, did I say 5.67s? Lol. I will definitely have some one fiming! Thanks vega John. Again thanks for the post. Keep me updated and I'll do the same. 979-703-9040
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

splitdecision71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 pm
VegaJohn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 pm

That's 5.86s, did I say 5.67s? Lol. I will definitely have some one fiming! Thanks vega John. Again thanks for the post. Keep me updated and I'll do the same. 979-703-9040
The first car in this video is one you may be interested in, one of the friends I raced with. In the vid his class required a .76 nitrous pill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTi71uG5BL8
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Was that Gliddens ol Fairmont or tribute car :shock:
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Steve.k wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:01 am Was that Gliddens ol Fairmont or tribute car :shock:
The only thing I know about that car is that he ran a 500+ ci Pontiac engine, thats the reason for the sticker on his hood scoop.
He is actually in the class above my buddy, you can tell the difference of the 2 classes for the most part by who has and who doesn't have wheelie bars.

Those 2 classes were later combined and turned into TEX275. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NdkmLNCSjE
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
splitdecision71

VEGA JOHN, went and tested this weekend. Picked up about 2 tenths over last time out. Pretty please with results. Going to play with suspension some now. Gears turned out perfect as I crossed right at 8000. This was best pass. Track was not great and it will run better at HMP or XRP. It always does!
1.41 60ft and 6.35 @ 107.91 mph. Tried to post time slips and video. Guess im to dumb for that!!!!
VegaJohn

Post by VegaJohn »

splitdecision71 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am VEGA JOHN, went and tested this weekend. Picked up about 2 tenths over last time out. Pretty please with results. Going to play with suspension some now. Gears turned out perfect as I crossed right at 8000. This was best pass. Track was not great and it will run better at HMP or XRP. It always does!
1.41 60ft and 6.35 @ 107.91 mph. Tried to post time slips and video. Guess im to dumb for that!!!!
That’s awesome. I’m sure you have close to a tenth in your 60ft left with chassis tuning. I better get working on my car. Our first race is May 25th.
splitdecision71

VegaJohn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:31 am
splitdecision71 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am VEGA JOHN, went and tested this weekend. Picked up about 2 tenths over last time out. Pretty please with results. Going to play with suspension some now. Gears turned out perfect as I crossed right at 8000. This was best pass. Track was not great and it will run better at HMP or XRP. It always does!
That’s awesome. I’m sure you have close to a tenth in your 60ft left with chassis tuning. I better get working on my car. Our first race is May 25th.
Thanks and that's what im working on next!!!
p.s. That was at 32 degrees of timing.