Mid lift rockers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

kimosabi
Pro
Pro
Re: Mid lift rockers

Post by kimosabi »

jed wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 pm Mr Kimosabi I am about to set up T&D rocker arms on a pair of Brodex LS heads. I am perty sure the T&D
Rockers are designed to run on the mid lift theory.
How would you suggest I set them up??
I have no experience with aftermarket shaft or pedestal rockers from the US. Apart from Ford Cologne V6 and a few other European engines with a shaft rocker system from factory, that's it.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Geoff2 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:58 am Agree, use steel for rocker arms. Why take a chance?
Steel rockers are definitely tough but the old prostock boys ran crane golds for years to 10,000 rpm. I recently had a failure on a crane gold that im guessing had well over 10years on them. So not bad service. I ordered the new crane wide bodies as when i talked to crane the rep told me the original cranes were designed for 700lbs spring pressure and the new wide bodies 900lbs. I am running 680 open pressure so right on edge for old rockers, older used rockers would've felt the strain. I assume the p/s boys years ago ran alot higher pressure.
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

Where is Warp when you need him?? and I bet it aint aluminumum
reed
turdwilly
Pro
Pro

Post by turdwilly »

racear2865 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:00 pm Where is Warp when you need him?? and I bet it aint aluminumum
reed
You're correct - the rockers he uses are not aluminum - they are unobtainium.