one quart of 30W heavy duty and five quarts of non-detergent

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: one quart of 30W heavy duty and five quarts of non-detergent

Post by pdq67 »

I think the reason it's not recommended to use EP containing oil additives long term is because the heavy metals will kill the cat., therefore EPA cover's their ass by saying not to use them long term.

As far as hurting anything except deactivating the cat., they won't hurt anything that I know of..

pdq67
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

If she's a oil burner a can of Restore will make a nice improvement, as will new valve seals very likely!!!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

Tuner wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:19 am
Krooser wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:55 pm
pdq67 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:44 pm I would pour a bottle of GM's, "EOS", in her and go!

pdq67
Not a bad idea... I still have several cans of the old formula on the shelf... come to think of it I have an opened cam that I used for assembly lube when I rebuilt the engine in my wife's Jeep.

Gotta find that stuff....
The EOS is what to use. The Zinc compound in EOS and the Lucas additive is essentially the same. EOS would have been my first choice but it didn't seem likely to me that you would have any available. I think Zinc Alkyldithiophosphate in the LUcas and Zinc Dialkyldithiophosphate in EOS. Read the label.
"In stock... No waiting!".as my old parts manager used to say.

I have an opened can that I'll use on my old Ram... saving these last five cans for my next five projects... should last me until I'm 99 or dead whichever comes first...
IMG_20171029_124655771.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Barry Burch
Pro
Pro

Post by Barry Burch »

If it's an oil burner Eos will detonate something fierce.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

Barry Burch wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:54 pm If it's an oil burner Eos will detonate something fierce.
Don't know... maybe we'll have to try it. Not much compression left here so I'm not sure there's enough heat to detonate anything!
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019