Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

vortecpro
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by vortecpro » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Do you have any background in NA drag racing, if you do please state your combinations and performance, I want to know where your coming from.
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.

EngineTech1
Expert
Expert
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:57 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by EngineTech1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 pm

vortecpro wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm
Do you have any background in NA drag racing, if you do please state your combinations and performance, I want to know where your coming from.
Yes I do. I'm trying to post sensible information rather than the nonsense that some people try to propagate as gospel.

vortecpro
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by vortecpro » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 pm

EngineTech1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 pm
vortecpro wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm
Do you have any background in NA drag racing, if you do please state your combinations and performance, I want to know where your coming from.
Yes I do. I'm trying to post sensible information rather than the nonsense that some people try to propagate as gospel.
Can you give me some examples?
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.

EngineTech1
Expert
Expert
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:57 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by EngineTech1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Just go read some of the posts in that 600hp vs. 600hp rpm thread. There’s plenty of it in there.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Truckedup wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:41 pm
Power can be measured in Watts (W) or Horsepower (HP). 1 HP is the same as
746 Watts.
Not to an electrician.... one HP is 1920 watts.... :D
I use to do that conversion daily. One HP is 746 Watts. Where did you get 1920?

vortecpro
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by vortecpro » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:29 pm

EngineTech1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 pm
Just go read some of the posts in that 600hp vs. 600hp rpm thread. There’s plenty of it in there.
I never found what I was looking for in the thread, but I have looked at your past posts seems legitimate to me. Anyway we have the same type of dyno, do you mind me asking where you live?
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.

EngineTech1
Expert
Expert
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:57 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by EngineTech1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 pm

vortecpro wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:29 pm
EngineTech1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 pm
Just go read some of the posts in that 600hp vs. 600hp rpm thread. There’s plenty of it in there.
I never found what I was looking for in the thread, but I have looked at your past posts seems legitimate to me. Anyway we have the same type of dyno, do you mind me asking where you live?
I’m in North Carolina. I don’t have a dyno right now but I’ve been around a few and hung the arm a time or two.

roc
Pro
Pro
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: Columbus, IN

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by roc » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 am

EngineTech1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 pm
vortecpro wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm
Do you have any background in NA drag racing, if you do please state your combinations and performance, I want to know where your coming from.
Yes I do. I'm trying to post sensible information rather than the nonsense that some people try to propagate as gospel.
"Make-believe" theories abound here... thank you EngineTech1 for enlightening us with good ol' physics =D>

User avatar
Stan Weiss
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3344
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by Stan Weiss » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 am

This says it all.
In summary, here is all you need to know:

Energy = 0.5 * mass * v * v
Power = Energy / time (if power is continuous)
Power = RPM * Torque
Stan
Stan Weiss / World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
Image
http://www.erols.com/srweiss/index.html

The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by The Radius Kid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 am

Two pages and counting.Let's see if we can beat the "other thread"!
The Nazis didn't lose WWII,they just changed uniforms.Now they run the place.

Orr89rocz
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by Orr89rocz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:35 am

1.21 gigawatts

User avatar
John Wallace
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:20 am
Location: was Central Illinois - Now in Sunny Florida!
Contact:

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by John Wallace » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:37 am

How many RPM's?

:mrgreen:
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com

mag2555
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2072
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:31 am

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by mag2555 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am

Wow! Must be cus electricity flows at near the speed of light, lol!

stealth
Expert
Expert
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:37 am

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by stealth » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:40 pm

mag2555 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Wow! Must be cus electricity flows at near the speed of light, lol!
Good point...makes zero rpm so must be slower..
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Circlotron
Expert
Expert
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Before you start another ridiculous HP vs. TQ or RPM thread read this.

Post by Circlotron » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 am

Truckedup wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:41 pm
Power can be measured in Watts (W) or Horsepower (HP). 1 HP is the same as
746 Watts.
Not to an electrician.... one HP is 1920 watts.... :D
I’ve met electricians like that.

Post Reply