Profiler 12* sbc hmmm.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: Profiler 12* sbc hmmm.

Post by cjperformance »

Yes very nice indeed Chad , thanks for the pic.
Definitely will make for a pretty stout SBC!
Do they make them with a Cleveland head bolt pattern!? They should!
Craig.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Yes very nice indeed. The prostock cleveland had expoxy on flow to turn the charge towards the center of cylinder. Least the ones i have do.Chad what cc would those ports run?No where the flow capability of those for sure.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

I am still. Learning about cylinder. Heads. Will. Somebody. Who. Really. Knows explain. The. Function. Of the wing as its called on the floor near the short side radius. Thanks mark h.
Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic »

Darin put one in the raptor heads, here is his rationale:
Wet-flow technology is already migrating to sportsman engines. The shape, cross-sectional area and velocity characteristics of the ports in our Raptor big-block sportsman cylinder head came directly from our Pro Stock research. There is a small “wing” in the Raptor’s intake runner that takes the wet flow off the floor and literally launches it back into the airstream. The port has to be designed around this wing; you can’t just put a wing in a port and gain power. That’s one example of how we have applied wet flow technology to sportsman engines.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Thanks much zmechanic !!!! Love to learn facts.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I welcome anyone with a flow bench and a bottle of dykem/alcohol put a head on the bench with a wing and crank it to 40+ inches and watch the amazing things that happen at the apex. First time I witnessed it, I was in shock...
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

To me this is a thing of beauty....

Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

cspeier wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm To me this is a thing of beauty....

Chad the head does look excellent and so does the work you do. The post was not directed as any disrespect. However when you look at the intake side it does resemble the cleveland which most of us ford guys notice. However those heads the d3 and various nascar derived heads are light years ahead of the old c and even newer castings. Its a good looking head and will be looking forward to seeing some engine combos coming up. Steve
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

That is quite sexy, if you look at the streaks you can learn a bunch.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

OK Chad, help educate those of us peons who don't know what we are looking at. I am not sure if the clean areas are where there was wet flow, or if the pink is showing the wet flow. I am trying to understand if the pink was used to represent the fuel, or if the port and chamber were coated with the Dykem and the clean spots are where the alcohol washed the dykem off.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

Steve.k wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Chad the head does look excellent and so does the work you do. The post was not directed as any disrespect. However when you look at the intake side it does resemble the cleveland which most of us ford guys notice. However those heads the d3 and various nascar derived heads are light years ahead of the old c and even newer castings. Its a good looking head and will be looking forward to seeing some engine combos coming up. Steve
Steve I know, just razzing. I'll admit the Cleveland has influence, no problem with that. Just a Ford vs Chevy thing that keeps us all involved in what we love!! Agree? :)

This is actually a 23º SBC..
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

FC-Pilot wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:48 pm

OK Chad, help educate those of us peons who don't know what we are looking at. I am not sure if the clean areas are where there was wet flow, or if the pink is showing the wet flow. I am trying to understand if the pink was used to represent the fuel, or if the port and chamber were coated with the Dykem and the clean spots are where the alcohol washed the dykem off.

Paul
It's the way the dykem is centered in the center of the short side around the floor wing.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

IMG_0441.JPG
. Here is a old set of prostock heads i bought from a fella that used to be good freinds with dyno Don. He said their intent hear was to turn the charge inward away from cylinder wall. He told me the small bench they had then in no way was big enough but gave them an idea where they were at. Not really the same theory as those 23* heads but one has to wonder if they were getting a similar effect as you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

cspeier wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:53 pm It's the way the dykem is centered in the center of the short side around the floor wing.
Thanks Chad, I may have to try it some time on my Fisher Price bench with my junk to see if I can get a small glimpse of what average junk looks like.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins