Profiler 12* sbc hmmm.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: Profiler 12* sbc hmmm.

Post by cjperformance »

Steve.k wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:24 am Ahh yes seems familiar!!Couldnt be though?

The fordrolet heads ? Yes Chevy heads for fords!
Craig.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Hope it does not use the same exhaust port layout of that last example!

Could it be that as all most all the new V-8 engines and racing versions move toward a more efficient layout and higher performance levels, the design the cylinder head configurations seem to move towards these symmetrical port, higher oval port designs? This also seems to make the designs look more familiar. This design seems to look also a lot like Darin Morgans', Curtis Boggs, Nascar, etc. last few years designs.
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

Big bores, big valves, how are you going to stuff it unless you rotate them?

Search Profiler to see who the brains was behind it.. RPD = Rino Conte, Pro-Filer, Darin Morgan
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

If I am not mistaken Chevy cast up a set of SB heads for smokey with that same Intake port layout in the late 60s.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
turdwilly
Pro
Pro

Post by turdwilly »

cspeier wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:27 pm It's just Pro-Filers version of the SB2.2, SBX, Toyota, Mopar, D3, Splayed Valve. You know all those modern symmetrical ports, splayed valve offerings.
I remember Robert Yates talking about removing the "side cant" when he designed his new Yates heads that ultimately became the approved heads for all the Ford NASCAR teams. Ernie Elliot wasn't happy too about that. Not sure about the other heads you mentioned above, but it appears this Profiler head indeed has side cant like the OEM Cleveland & BBC heads.
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

If you think about it and you take the offset of the cylinder banks into consideration I'd say that this layout is superior to the Ford design where you have an intake valve all the way in the front on cylinder one and all the way in the back on cylinder number 8.
Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic »

Looks.. Takes up area when you have an extremely large bowl. Also get's people to ask, "what is that wing on the floor"..
Chad, why you be so sassy?
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

Zmechanic wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am
Looks.. Takes up area when you have an extremely large bowl. Also get's people to ask, "what is that wing on the floor"..
Chad, why you be so sassy?
About what? The floor wing?
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Take your pic, nice 23 deg head or these.....sure wish I had a bigger bore $ id do a build with these in a second

I dont know chad but id imagine he gets tired of people talking chit when they arent trying to make anything & wouldnt buy anyways?
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Well, we could argue that Ford took design cues from Chevy, and copied BBC heads for both the 385 series, and the Cleveland, with the obvious changes.

The other thing, go new car shopping. They are all basically the same shape. Why? Because that shape is the most aerodynamic. No different than with heads.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Frankshaft wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm Well, we could argue that Ford took design cues from Chevy, and copied BBC heads for both the 385 series, and the Cleveland, with the obvious changes.

The other thing, go new car shopping. They are all basically the same shape. Why? Because that shape is the most aerodynamic. No different than with heads.
We could but i think i rembember Jon Kaase said nearly every modern hi-po cylinder head owes its design cues to the Cleveland! But i could be wrong.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

cuisinartvette wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:20 am Take your pic, nice 23 deg head or these.....sure wish I had a bigger bore $ id do a build with these in a second

I dont know chad but id imagine he gets tired of people talking chit when they arent trying to make anything & wouldnt buy anyways?
I have small bore stuff as well..

Tired is an understatement.

It's all been said in the past. Makes me zero difference if it's approved. It works, period. :)
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I fail to see this argument. OK, Cleveland is the daddy to all the modern designs. Done, move on..
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I have a question.

How many Aussy 400" Ford Pro Stocks out there?
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

cspeier wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:52 pm I fail to see this argument. OK, Cleveland is the daddy to all the modern designs. Done, move on..
What came first, BBC or Cleveland Ford's?