Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Who's making Jegs Oil Pumps?

Post by GARY C »

engineguyBill wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm
resurrectionjoe wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm
rapidride2 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:27 am I rolled the dice and bought a Milodon std. pressure/volume with hopes of it not being a re-boxed up-priced Melling. We'll see how it goes...
Since I was in the shop today I figured I'd provide a little photographic proof that milodon SBC pumps are not reboxed Mellings
I doubt that Milodon manufacturers their own oil pumps. The tooling and equipment necessary to manufacture parts such as this runs into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for each design and Milodon is not that large of an operation. A company who manufacturers parts on a private-label basis will often times cast the part with the customer's name and/or casting number. It's very easily done and the oil pump in your picture could very well be a Melling product too.
Which probably goes back to the OP's question as to who mnf Jegs pumps, my guess would be Melling, Jegs has in the past has used quality company's for their name brand products as well as standing behind what they sell, like for instance most of their heads are or were Profiler.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!