Lets Talk Tunnel Rams / Carbs

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Tuner
Guru
Guru
Re: Lets Talk Tunnel Rams / Carbs

Post by Tuner »

Somebody's Levi's smell like they've never been washed.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

I would leave the 660's as is, (default tune) and use as a WOT power reference
to dial in a pair of customized 750HP carbs. The 750 HP's (once dialed in)(for on the tunnel ram) will drive better and should match or exceed the power of the 660's.

I bet you'll find a pair of edelbrock 750's will make power and will run (track times) very very close and drive around much nicer on the street at a fraction of the price and a lot less bother in the end.

No need to mount sideways on the intake too. A friend here makes well over 700hp with 2x 750 Edelbrock carbs. * (yes they were dyno tested against dialed in holley tunnel ram carbs) (yes the holley carbs made a bit more power, but not a lot more, on the dyno)

The nice thing about these carbs on a motor like this is you can quickly and easily switch between a "street cruise" setup to a "drag race" setup with just a primary metering rod swap. (leaner cruise step for street,,, then,, richer cruise and WOT metering rod for open exhaust, cold engine water temp, 1/4 mile drag race where it wants to be a bit richer.. quick and painless.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

levisnteeshirt wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:08 pm i bought some plastic 10-24 set screws from mac master car when ya do something like this , so its much easier to try different combinations before you drill brass and potentially break a drill bit , or whatever ,, handy
10-32 size plastic set screws ,, i hadn't checked back on this , figured i would get clobbered, but didn't care either