Better Head Choice for my 406?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

RD_Racing
Re: Better Head Choice for my 406?

Post by RD_Racing »

I decided I'm going to try the new Promaxx 225cc Aluminum Shocker heads. I believe they are a imported casting but they told me all the work, including the CNC porting is done here in the states.. The numbers look really good at 316/225 @ .600 and 319/238 @ .700 .. That's better than most heads that cost allot more..
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

RD_Racing wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:01 pm I decided I'm going to try the new Promaxx 225cc Aluminum Shocker heads. I believe they are a imported casting but they told me all the work, including the CNC porting is done here in the states.. The numbers look really good at 316/225 @ .600 and 319/238 @ .700 .. That's better than most heads that cost allot more..
I wouldn't bet they flow what they claim. Lots of heads are short of advertised numbers.
And, even if they flow that much it doesn't mean they will more power than lesser flowing heads.

Do you know someone running that head to have real results from ?

Randy
RD_Racing

Post by RD_Racing »

I dont know anyone running this particular head because its a brand new design but I have read allot of good reviews and dyno results on their other heads.. The reason I went this route is because the choices are very limited out there in a larger runner head with the intake and exhaust ports in the stock location. This is critical for me because its going in a small Vega with the stock inner fender wells and the steering shaft runs right between the #1 and #3/#5 header pipes with less than .250 clearance.. The only other head I found like this so far is the new Trick Flow 230cc Super 23 degree heads that also have very little reviews but they cost almost 40% more than the Promaxx. I guess im going to be the Guinea Pigs here and already let Promaxx know I will be posting my results.. I have a dyno shop right by my house too..
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

I am glad you guys found my website. I can make the 220 heads flow more, I just finished a set that went 337cfm, however I size them to what the motor needs then they flow what they flow.

The promaxx copied the Brodix Ik heads. The chamber has some areas I would change but not horrible. It’s a good head.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com