hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Crane quick lift roller rockers

Post by hoffman900 »

CamKing wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:28 pm
hoffman900 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 pm
CamKing wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 pm
That's a nice way of saying, bankruptcy and total liquidation of all assets. :wink:
Now that Comp Cams owns them, I wonder if they'll keep the "Quick Lift" name?
I thought S&S bought them?
Just sold them to Comp.
Comp has even moved a few of their sales people to Crane.
So now, Comp, Lunati, and Crane are all owned by the same group.
Interesting.

Mike what’s your opinion on the state of the cam grinding industry and it’s future? I look around and it seems to me that there are a lot grey hairs, and no one really looking to buy the business or inherit it. Lots of cam guys who have passed and their stuff just got bought up by someone else.
-Bob
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

hoffman900 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 pm Mike what’s your opinion on the state of the cam grinding industry and it’s future? I look around and it seems to me that there are a lot grey hairs, and no one really looking to buy the business or inherit it. Lots of cam guys who have passed and their stuff just got bought up by someone else.
It's just like any other industry. Those that don't adapt, and progress, die off.

A lot of these small companies, that go away, really have no value left by the time they close.
The one that I just bought a Berco cam grinder from, and all the masters, cost me just a few grand. The masters will probably all end up in the scrap pile, because they're all outdated, and not of the quality I would sell to my current customers.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

CamKing wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:57 pm
hoffman900 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 pm Mike what’s your opinion on the state of the cam grinding industry and it’s future? I look around and it seems to me that there are a lot grey hairs, and no one really looking to buy the business or inherit it. Lots of cam guys who have passed and their stuff just got bought up by someone else.
It's just like any other industry. Those that don't adapt, and progress, die off.

A lot of these small companies, that go away, really have no value left by the time they close.
The one that I just bought a Berco cam grinder from, and all the masters, cost me just a few grand. The masters will probably all end up in the scrap pile, because they're all outdated, and not of the quality I would sell to my current customers.
Mike, who did you acquire if you don’t mind me asking?
-Bob
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

hoffman900 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 pm Mike, who did you acquire if you don’t mind me asking?
It was called "High Velocity Cams"
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449