Bad bronze guide liner work

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Bad bronze guide liner work

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Rather than clutter up another thread. Here’s a disturbing guide liner install video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3MezVMZ2hg
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
user-17438

Re: Bad bronze guide liner work

Post by user-17438 »

Lol! [-o< [-o< [-o<
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

Oh crap I will never install another guide liner again. This scares the hell out of me.
reed
statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems »

I must be stupid. Looked to me like he did the valve job BEFORE he finished the guide. I did the valve job last.

All I can say is wow.
Dutchman

Post by Dutchman »

Favorite quote. "If you don't cut the liner it could faultsafie the gauge" .
Wow.....
fordified
Pro
Pro

Post by fordified »

That guy's a piece of work. You should watch his other videos and then you'll know what not to do.
superpursuit
Pro
Pro

Post by superpursuit »

That's hilarious. I'm not sure how he could criticise other people though. Loved the second part of the video where he hones an inlet guide from the rocker side , says it has a tight spot on the gasket side, so to fix that he hones from the gasket side of the head. Problem is though that he accidently hones an exhaust guide instead of the inlet guide but then claims that the inlet guide is now perfect. It must be a miracle!! :lol: :lol:
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

WOW.......What a hack.
I have never seen anything a stupid as this guy.makes you wonder about all those BY'rs we here about and where they got their info from. ](*,) ](*,)

That one was as bad as those two dick heads on hod rod garage that heated a press fit stock rod cherry red to push the pin in using a rose bud oxy/act. torch
We can't fix stupid but we sure as hell can invoice it :lol: :lol:
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
claysmoker

Post by claysmoker »

LOL, That has to be a put-on. Nobody could do that poor a job and call it good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brian W
Pro
Pro

Post by Brian W »

Holy $@$#. He has over 15k subscribers!! Lol. Damn quality work right there! :shock:
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Just in the first minute, where he he’s running the drill and reamer wild and orbital. Then he runs the reamer while pulling it out. Those holes will never be acceptable, no matter how much “RED LOCTITE” he put the liners in with. Of course he saying the loctite makes an “extra good” job.

The worst part is all the un-knowing people that bought into his hacking BS and bought from him (or lost their money) They think the guy is showing them all the professional secrets to head work.

You’d think the overall crudeness and the clumsy, ham-handed work would give people a clue that something isn’t right.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Brian W wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 am Holy $@$#. He has over 15k subscribers!! Lol. Damn quality work right there! :shock:
Like Twitter followers, they’re all not there because they actually like what they’re seeing. :lol:

The sad part is, there are probably more guys like him out there than not. Always has been. The automotive world seems to attract more of this kind of stuff though... :-k
-Bob
mdabbott2009
Pro
Pro

Post by mdabbott2009 »

The bad thing is most kids go to YouTube see this guy saying extra good job and he doesn’t like to take chances!

What then happens they think that’s the actual way it’s post to be done.

Would be nice if some of the good guys would put out short videos showing some of the steps that is actually done correctly.
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

mdabbott2009 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:44 am The bad thing is most kids go to YouTube see this guy saying extra good job and he doesn’t like to take chances!

What then happens they think that’s the actual way it’s post to be done.

Would be nice if some of the good guys would put out short videos showing some of the steps that is actually done correctly.
Judging by the customers, it's not the kids who are being duped. :shock:
-Bob
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

The guys a fraud and a cheat...if you look closely he works out of a garden shed. The video where he starts himself on fire is pretty funny...
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019