pipemax

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

maxracesoftware
Vendor

Re: pipemax

Post by maxracesoftware »

moparian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 pm thanks ,the intake runner cc is 276 not sure on exhaust ,the carb is hp 9375 1050 and we was chasing it a little, but was found out it was pulling air from a cap on the nitrous spray bar had came off and developed a exhaust leak at the head .this is the first time i have used a dyno and the guy that runs it had never changed a air bleed b4 we are very green lol. we also discovered we needed a bit more pressure on exhaust valve it had signs of valve float which the dyno sheet seem to back that up with hp going flat .thanks for your help .
what's great is your are on an Engine Dyno
so that takes a lot of guess work out !

the way to use PipeMax with the Engine Dyno's Flywheel HP
is to adjust the VE% input a little at a time until PipeMax's "Best Column"'s Peak HP matches up to your Engine Dyno Peak HP
and that should be the amount Flow CFM and Trap VE% the Engine is accessing or using .

Peak TQ = 560.9 at 6000 RPM
Peak HP = 706.8 at 7000 RPM

if you would input 108.20 VE = 710.0 Peak HP from a previous Post
and if you input 107.83 % VE = 706.8 Peak HP from your Dyno sheet picture you Posted
... to verify this, you would compare against your Dyno's Lbs/Fuel per Hour reading at 7000 RPM
... next you would enter the Dyno's Weather Correction Factor , then adjust the Air/Fuel Ratio until
PipeMax's v4.0 Fuel/Lbs Hour matches to your Dyno's ....then PipeMax's BSFC at 7000 RPM should matchup exactly to you Dyno BSFC

i would need the Weather Correction Factor + Lbs/Fuel/Hour readings + your BSFC's to confirm the amount of Airflow CFM
you are actually using .
Chrysler_422cid_6800RPM_710HP_W7_Heads.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
mopar408w5

Post by mopar408w5 »

Thanks for your reply Larry and your info
Can the info from the new flow sheet from my work be used to make a comparison or predict an outcome ? I realise that if i had preveious data on my bench it could be done .
If so how would be the best way to go about it

Mick
digger
Guru
Guru

Post by digger »

New version v4.00 is out