Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: EMC 2018

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 am
midnightbluS10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:02 am
GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 am I am wondering how many have already committed to Gregs competition due to EMC's claimed demise.
The only people that claimed it were people here.
That is not so, at all.
It was stated at last years Engine Masters Competition ... unless another sponsor and location comes forward, this contest will not be continued.
Well, another sponsor and location came forward ... it is that simple.
That was my understanding as well, I don't know how many applications they get each year but maybe there is enough interest to fill both venues.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:42 am It's not a matter of "finding them". Emc posted on the 14th to be watching for their announcement for rules. Also if you look at the bottom of the page, it has links to at least a few 2017 EMC entries, so they didn't just forgo posting results and move to 2018 like some think. "Jon Kaase takes his 7th Engine Masters Championship" posted October 2017. Seems like they posted results to me? Seems like you guys wanna hate this competition so much, now. Why? Because there's an option now?
First four competitors of the 2017 Amsoil Engine Masters Challenge

<shrug>

http://www.hotrod.com/events/engine-masters-challenge/

Rules for each class...will be posted here soon.

Thats all they've posted so far. I'd expect them within a week since they were posted at the end of Feb last year. And likely, you won't have to find them. They'll probably be posted in the open for ALL to see <shrug>
there is actually a link to the rules on the registration page, it didnt work for me.....HONEST!

thats why i asked if anyone found them..sorry,,hope you can forgive me.

and can you show me where the results are for last year, all of them and the build details?
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

GARY C wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 am
Walter R. Malik wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 am
That is not so, at all.
It was stated at last years Engine Masters Competition ... unless another sponsor and location comes forward, this contest will not be continued.
Well, another sponsor and location came forward ... it is that simple.
That was my understanding as well, I don't know how many applications they get each year but maybe there is enough interest to fill both venues.
And the fact that Engine Masters would always announce the details for the next year's competition at the PRI trade show, and this year they had nothing at PRI.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

gmrocket wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm
midnightbluS10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:42 am It's not a matter of "finding them". Emc posted on the 14th to be watching for their announcement for rules. Also if you look at the bottom of the page, it has links to at least a few 2017 EMC entries, so they didn't just forgo posting results and move to 2018 like some think. "Jon Kaase takes his 7th Engine Masters Championship" posted October 2017. Seems like they posted results to me? Seems like you guys wanna hate this competition so much, now. Why? Because there's an option now?

<shrug>

Rules for each class...will be posted here soon.

Thats all they've posted so far. I'd expect them within a week since they were posted at the end of Feb last year. And likely, you won't have to find them. They'll probably be posted in the open for ALL to see <shrug>
there is actually a link to the rules on the registration page, it didnt work for me.....HONEST!

and can you show me where the results are for last year, all of them and the build details?
Can I show you? No. You're a grown ass man. Do it for yourself. You're not handicapped. Mentally or physically. Your fingers work just like mine do. If I can find it, so can anyone else.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:14 am
gmrocket wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm

<shrug>

Can I show you? No. You're a grown ass man. Do it for yourself. You're not handicapped. Mentally or physically. Your fingers work just like mine do. If I can find it, so can anyone else.
Aw, come on... help me out.

There were 14 traditional muscle entries and 10 vintage, can you give me a hint to where I can find all 24 of the engines, tq&hp , the details,how they scored and what place? Like they did every other year

Was this info in a magazine or online somewhere?
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

I looked for an AMC entry yesterday and couldn't find it. Jim Schmitz was the builder. 2017

Some people have better luck with keywords than others and I apparently suck at it.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

RevTheory wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 am I looked for an AMC entry yesterday and couldn't find it. Jim Schmitz was the builder. 2017

Some people have better luck with keywords than others and I apparently suck at it.
I saw an interview with that guy on youtube. Talked to him throughout the week of EMC. But yet, no interview on youtube with the team that won the damn thing. Go figure.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

CGT wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:10 am
RevTheory wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 am I looked for an AMC entry yesterday and couldn't find it. Jim Schmitz was the builder. 2017

I saw an interview with that guy on youtube. Talked to him throughout the week of EMC. But yet, no interview on youtube with the team that won the damn thing. Go figure.
It was on their live feed, I think it was Face Book, I didn't know they put them yt.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Rules are up for anyone who may be interested.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:03 am Rules are up for anyone who may be interested.
Got a link?!?
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Hotrod.com/events/........
.........you should get there warp. Mark H.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Craig.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Warp Speed wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:27 am
midnightbluS10 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:03 am Rules are up for anyone who may be interested.
Got a link?!?
:D
TexBlackwell

Post by TexBlackwell »

Wow...Traditional Muscle now allows a roller cam. So the rules have moved from sixties technology into the eighties.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

TexBlackwell wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:15 pm Wow...Traditional Muscle now allows a roller cam. So the rules have moved from sixties technology into the eighties.
Something is just not right with that camshaft rule as written.
It says you can use a roller or Nitrided camshaft but, also says, "Standard iron camshaft cores for the engine type required' ... :-k
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.