EMC 2018

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Stan Weiss
Vendor

EMC 2018

Post by Stan Weiss »

JE Pistons Hosts Engine Masters Challenge at Ohio Manufacturing Headquarters

JE Pistons is happy to announce their presenting sponsorship of the Hot Rod Engine Masters Challenge. The 2018 event will be held at JE's Mentor, Ohio manufacturing facility. Full details here.

Engine Masters Challenge Announces 2018
Class Concepts

LOS ANGELES (March 14, 2018) – HOT ROD and ENGINE MASTERS, in conjunction with AMSOIL and JE Pistons, are pleased to announce the class concepts for the 2018 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge. Now in the 17th year of the event, the AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge has grown to become the largest dynamometer racing event of its type in the world, pitting some of the best-known names in engine building against one another in the purest form of motorsports. This year’s event will take place October 1-5, 2018, at the corporate headquarters of JE Pistons in Mentor, Ohio.

The AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge is accepting 10 applicants for each designated class, with all other applicants becoming alternates. Entry fee is $350 per applicant. Using JE Pistons’ SuperFlow dynamometer, each competitor’s engine will be put through a series of tests designed to measure torque, power, and performance, where the best combination of torque and horsepower scores wins the class.

http://blog.jepistons.com/je-pistons-ho ... adquarters

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: EMC 2018

Post by PackardV8 »

So two classes; vintage and muscle car?

"Rules to be posted soon." Any major changes expected?
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

I am already committed for THAT week so, this contest will be the first one I will miss.

Oh well ... :-"
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

Seen that posted yesterday , tried to find the rules but no luck. Although I can register?

Two weeks till the deadline too enter...they better hurry up and make the rules available
LCaverly

Post by LCaverly »

I'm wondering what they are using for a dyno if its a regular superflow dyno the rpm range will be very limited. Hi Randy looks like I might be seeing you about the same time.
Len C
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

Announcing another one and they never even posted an article with results from last years contest. Surprised to see another one.

Rick
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Rick360 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 am Announcing another one and they never even posted an article with results from last years contest. Surprised to see another one.

Rick
No doubt. It was discussed amongst the Creason, Randy and myself last night, I wonder if Kaase, Sam, and BES will do it.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

I am wondering how many have already committed to Gregs competition due to EMC's claimed demise.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

LCaverly wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:43 am I'm wondering what they are using for a dyno if its a regular superflow dyno the rpm range will be very limited. Hi Randy looks like I might be seeing you about the same time.
Len C
GREAT Len ... I was always looking forward to whenever that would happen. Can I presume a PONTIAC...?

The picture looks like a SuperFlow 901 with a radiator instead of a heat exchanger.
LCaverly

Post by LCaverly »

Is there any other kind of engine. They will be hard pressed to do areasonable rpm range with a 901.
Len C
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

LCaverly wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 am Is there any other kind of engine. They will be hard pressed to do areasonable rpm range with a 901.
Len C
I tested at home before going to Ohio with a very old 901 in 2008. The operator did have problems pulling it down to 2300 under full load

The operator had never pulled anything under 4K ..he actually thought I was nuts wanting to go from 2300

After a couple hours of screwing around, he end up calling superflow and they resolved the problem over the phone during testing,,, it took awhile..ended up pulling very clean from 2300 to 7000
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

Anyone find the rules yet?
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

It's not a matter of "finding them". Emc posted on the 14th to be watching for their announcement for rules. Also if you look at the bottom of the page, it has links to at least a few 2017 EMC entries, so they didn't just forgo posting results and move to 2018 like some think. "Jon Kaase takes his 7th Engine Masters Championship" posted October 2017. Seems like they posted results to me? Seems like you guys wanna hate this competition so much, now. Why? Because there's an option now?
First four competitors of the 2017 Amsoil Engine Masters Challenge

<shrug>

http://www.hotrod.com/events/engine-masters-challenge/

Rules for each class...will be posted here soon.

Thats all they've posted so far. I'd expect them within a week since they were posted at the end of Feb last year. And likely, you won't have to find them. They'll probably be posted in the open for ALL to see <shrug>
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 am I am wondering how many have already committed to Gregs competition due to EMC's claimed demise.
The only people that claimed it were people here. But then, people also claimed no results were posted for 2017 and we see how that turned out.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

midnightbluS10 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:02 am
GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 am I am wondering how many have already committed to Gregs competition due to EMC's claimed demise.
The only people that claimed it were people here.
That is not so, at all.
It was stated at last years Engine Masters Competition ... unless another sponsor and location comes forward, this contest will not be continued.
Well, another sponsor and location came forward ... it is that simple.