Oppinion on this cam for 4200# Bigblock Galaxy?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BigBlocksOnTop2
Pro
Pro
Location: Chancellorsville Battle Field, Chancellorsville, Virginia

Re: Oppinion on this cam for 4200# Bigblock Galaxy?

Post by BigBlocksOnTop2 »

Nice! Man I love those old Fords!
Old School
Pro
Pro

Post by Old School »

NXBOY wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:42 am Its a 63, mostly stock interior/body, has a tear drop scoop on it. Pretty Boat// I mean CAR!! :oops:
Are you sure it's a 63? I know I am old and blind but it sure looks like a 64? It's a very nice car. I love those old Fords. I have a 63 1/2 Galaxie with the tear drop scoop.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

NXBOY wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am I agree, Not cheap for good headers on that car, I doubt I can get him to change that. The fact it has full exhaust to rear end might help crutch it some. Told him he needs to add cross over.
I am sure you know the BBC headers are easier to deal with and the port spacing is the same just the flange needs to be changed.
I did a similar project in a T bird and we used a BBC header and swapped the flanges. Allowed me to get a decent tube size and get better steering and ground clearance.
I also used a set of those port tongue flanges to save the brain damage with dealing with the exh. ports.
Ernie Elliott used to sell them and I know there is another guy marketing them now may be worth checking on the next build. :D
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
NXBOY
Pro
Pro

Post by NXBOY »

Sorry just got home, my bad he said it was a 64 like you guys figured out lol, but it ain't no lighter :roll:
DrillDawg
Expert
Expert

Post by DrillDawg »

That intake is not the best for low and mid range. but it's tall and looks the part. There is some guy on the northwest coast that has some good instructions on how to port that type of head, I just can't remember his website.
BORN RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

NXBOY wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm Sorry just got home, my bad he said it was a 64 like you guys figured out lol, but it ain't no lighter :roll:
Haha 64 yes but still cool !!
Craig.
NXBOY
Pro
Pro

Post by NXBOY »

DrillDawg wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:37 pm That intake is not the best for low and mid range. but it's tall and looks the part. There is some guy on the northwest coast that has some good instructions on how to port that type of head, I just can't remember his website.

I agree about the Intake, I done told him a few times in the last yr A RPM be a better Intake. He can always add it later I think is his thought lol. I had him put a ! inch 4 hole spacer on it, that should help low end torque a tiny bit. I've got enough experiance porting these heads, max porting with big cross section ain't what it needs so mid 350 cfm be good @ 700 should be a modest guess of outcome. Not going to get flowed, done spent enough time with that in past on these heads. I think the big header size hurts it worse, I saw that there expensive coated ones so all I can do is tell him. Car being heavy makes any mismatched parts more severe in my oppinion :shock: