Post by Krooser »

Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Re: Changes to King Bearings...

Post by groberts101 »

get with the program man.. those have been around for years now! jk

And before that some just used the grinder to mimic that same design. Ideally you match the bearings hole with the main saddles outlet hole and radius everything nicely. Run your fingers on the backside of a main bearings outlet holes once.. some are so sharp they'll shave skin and you'll even often see very small metal burrs/slivers left over from the shells grinding process just waiting to get torn off and sent through the system.

Even on bearings without that elliptical shape.. adding radii under the bearings shell around the outlet hole can help too. On my own personal stuff I also port all the oil channels adding radii wherever possible and even run an extended length small diameter bore brush through the lifter and main galleries. Do it well enough and you can then reduce oil pressure relief spring tension without substantial losses in pressure to gain another minuscule amount of power. Oil temps are usually reduced a slight bit as well.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Re: Changes to King Bearings...

Post by Krooser »

I copied it from a web page then realized the info was two years old. Still a pleasant surprise since the last King bearings I used did not have these features but it was a stock Jeep application.

I also try to blend those oil holes plus smooth the passages in the main caps on any performance app.
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019