A dream part you wish for!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

englertracing
Guru
Guru
Re: A dream part you wish for!

Post by englertracing »

hysteric wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:16 pm How about a camshaft that bolts together so that you could alter lsa and even swap different lobes around on the same shaft.
I have seen picture of british motorcycle cams that bolt togeather just for this.
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

Somebody to make carbon fiber SBF carb'd manifolds. Shortly followed by cheaper chinese knock-off carbon fiber intake manifolds for SBF. Don't care if they yellow, gelcoat crazes and even leaks.. I'll repair em', paint em' and be perfectly happy. :D
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

groberts101 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm Somebody to make carbon fiber SBF carb'd manifolds. Shortly followed by cheaper chinese knock-off carbon fiber intake manifolds for SBF. Don't care if they yellow, gelcoat crazes and even leaks.. I'll repair em', paint em' and be perfectly happy. :D
That's a great idea!
barnym17
Guru
Guru

Post by barnym17 »

Not a part but how about a way to stretch a day so you can fit in work, honey do's, grandkids and still have time and energy for my toy.lol
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

barnym17 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:08 am Not a part but how about a way to stretch a day so you can fit in work, honey do's, grandkids and still have time and energy for my toy.lol
There is.. it's called.. diet and exercise. Just need a way to find that extra motivation. Unfortunately, they both run hand in hand and is tough to have one without the other. Lol
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

A solid roller lifter that'll last as long on the street with moderately aggressive lobes as an oem hyd flat tappet.

That's what holds back so many street/strip builds - if it's gonna be driven a LOT a solid roller with, say, .430" lobes becomes impractical due to maintenance requirements.

A small wish compared to some, but it would radically change what could be considered streetable.
brechlrl
Pro
Pro

Post by brechlrl »

I want a new Y block Ford block casting with siamese bores that will go 4.125, raised cam tunnel, and conventional lifter bores to take a roller cam.
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

groberts101 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm Somebody to make carbon fiber SBF carb'd manifolds. Shortly followed by cheaper chinese knock-off carbon fiber intake manifolds for SBF. Don't care if they yellow, gelcoat crazes and even leaks.. I'll repair em', paint em' and be perfectly happy. :D
First part has already been done- last, chinese knock off, not so. And the unit is not for a single carb. My memory migh be dodgy- cause it might not be carbed at all, rather slide- throttled IR injectio . If carbed, then IR mc or webers. Made down under, what i remember.

I wish for a SBF 8.2 hiram front TB manifold «ots»capable of porting to the needs for a 9000rpm screamer. However, this part- alongside alot ot things mentioned here, can be custom ordered.For those willing to pay.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

Caprimaniac wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 am
First part has already been done- last, chinese knock off, not so. And the unit is not for a single carb. My memory migh be dodgy- cause it might not be carbed at all, rather slide- throttled IR injectio . If carbed, then IR mc or webers. Made down under, what i remember.

I wish for a SBF 8.2 hiram front TB manifold «ots»capable of porting to the needs for a 9000rpm screamer. However, this part- alongside alot ot things mentioned here, can be custom ordered.For those willing to pay.
Yeah those aussies are pretty good at coming up with new pieces to make more power even if they know full well that they won't be selling tens of thousands of units. Corporate america is a bit more greedy to ever consider a design. Look how long they took to make a 351W hiram efi or tunnel ram! Have seen a few EFI stacks and cross rams but never a traditional carb'd design and always figured it had do something to do with the need for higher end resins to deal with the wet fueling. There's the carbon xr(and others) from performance design but it's a dry EFI manifold too.. and no love for Fords there at all.

Ever see the older proflow XT's for 8.2" deck stuff? Thought about getting one to chop up and run a couple 450's on it but decided that money will be better spent elsewhere.
302 proflo xt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
donsboy

Post by donsboy »

4 valve heads with variable valve timing for the bbf.
PbFlinger

Post by PbFlinger »

A floor drain that spits bolts back out.
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

KnightEngines wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 am A solid roller lifter that'll last as long on the street with moderately aggressive lobes as an oem hyd flat tappet.
They've been around on japper DOHCs for over 20 years.
Got to have the right ramps on the cams for them to survive.
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

joe 90 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 am
KnightEngines wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 am A solid roller lifter that'll last as long on the street with moderately aggressive lobes as an oem hyd flat tappet.
They've been around on japper DOHCs for over 20 years.
Got to have the right ramps on the cams for them to survive.
LOL.. comparing big 2V OHV watermelons to tiny 4V OHC kiwi's. :lol:
PbFlinger

Post by PbFlinger »

9/16 socket w/gps locator
barnym17
Guru
Guru

Post by barnym17 »

10mm homing socket