Stock class heads. No porting

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Steve.k
Guru
Guru
Re: Stock class heads. No porting

Post by Steve.k »

Could be. I'll weigh in shop. And post weight.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Should have posted" to see how the velocity numbers change", that being said I have bolted on a Manifold to a head and picked up flow numbers in a given small valve lift range and that does constitute a velocity gain at that lift non the less!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

I weighed the valves this morning. Intake is 125g and exh 116. Not sure why geoff had those on there. However he did do another set of heads for me that had the old trw ti valves.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

I believe ls7 titanium intake valves are around 77g so that would make sense that the weights listed were for Ti. I only used that, as an example because it was the only one I'm fairly sure of off the top of my head.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
russxr67
Pro
Pro

Post by russxr67 »

Manley valves are typically that weight on a Cleveland, the Ferrea are a damn sight heavier but flow better.