Brodix 10X RI valve offset

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Brodix 10X RI valve offset

Post by 6.50camaro »

A few weeks ago I purchased a 350 sbc basket case engine . With the engine was a set of Brodix 10X RI heads . I have disassembled the heads and they have 2.125 intake valves. Now the seats are a little on the rough side and are going to need a valve job . I was trying to figure out if I could go to a 50° seat angle and reduce the valve back to 2.08 ( I have 3 sets on hand ). A side benefit would be reduced valve shrouding.
Today it dawned on my that these heads have the brodix 40/60 valve offset . With the exhaust valve centerline moved .060 then the intake moved .040 towards the exhaust . This leaves the edge of the 2.125 intake valve no closer to the chamber side wall and cylinder bore than a a 2.045 would be in the stock oem location. Am I thinking straight on this ? Or have I mis calculated something. Dan
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Brodix 10X RI valve offset

Post by Walter R. Malik »

6.50camaro wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm A few weeks ago I purchased a 350 sbc basket case engine . With the engine was a set of Brodix 10X RI heads . I have disassembled the heads and they have 2.125 intake valves. Now the seats are a little on the rough side and are going to need a valve job . I was trying to figure out if I could go to a 50° seat angle and reduce the valve back to 2.08 ( I have 3 sets on hand ). A side benefit would be reduced valve shrouding.
Today it dawned on my that these heads have the brodix 40/60 valve offset . With the exhaust valve centerline moved .060 then the intake moved .040 towards the exhaust . This leaves the edge of the 2.125 intake valve no closer to the chamber side wall and cylinder bore than a a 2.045 would be in the stock oem location. Am I thinking straight on this ? Or have I mis calculated something. Dan
IF they are indeed 10X heads, they do have the 60/40 valve guide locations.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Brodix 10X RI valve offset

Post by 6.50camaro »

Walter they are indeed 10X heads , stamped in two spots and the serial # checks out with Brodix.
10X RI std. Exhaust. Dan