sb chevy cam bearings ??

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

garym
sb chevy cam bearings ??

Post by garym »

I have a few questions on installing the cam bearings on my small block chevy drag race engine. The recommended oil hole position is 2 o' clock as per the AERA tech bulletin and I assume that the block position would be as the engine would sit in the car.If so then I would need to put the oil hole in the 8 o'clock position when the block is up side down on my bench to install the cam bearings correct?
Another question that I have is on the front cam bearing that has 2 holes what is the best position for the front bearing holes ? Put the front cam bearing with one hole at5 o'clock and the other hole at 8 o'clock ?
My last question that I have is are the coated cam bearings something I should consider and if so are the coated cam bearings that ENGINE TECH sells a good cam bearing to use vs the clevite sh290s . The cam is a roller drag race with .761 int and .683 ex. valve springs are k motion k1000H.
This is a great forum hope to get some input on my questions THANKS garym
DJ58

Re: sb chevy cam bearings ??

Post by DJ58 »

Yes, block upside down 8 o'clock and front brg 4 and 8 o'clock. I like the coated durabond cam brgs.

Dan
S.W.
Mi