Nascar 550 hp limit ??

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Re: Nascar 550 hp limit ??

Post by Warp Speed »

One thing I can gaurantee you, is I ain't no "boy"!
Best to leave it at that! :wink:
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

Mike,do you EVER listen to the channel?If not you cant comment with any real authority!I spend a lot of time in the car and listen to the channel many hours each day.Fans cant wait to bash some of the racing!Social media gets real negative on the fall in line,follow the leader and also when a car gets out front and cant be passed.In general fans want side by side racing and lots of passes for the lead.That is what NASCAR is trying to accomplish but that leads to aggressive driving and usually leads to big wrecks.While your sitting at your desk,put Sirius on and listen.As said,im not a fan of super speedway racing.But I pay close attention to the sport.FWIW,Tom
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

tjs44 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 am Mike,do you EVER listen to the channel?If not you cant comment with any real authority!I spend a lot of time in the car and listen to the channel many hours each day.Fans cant wait to bash some of the racing!Social media gets real negative on the fall in line,follow the leader and also when a car gets out front and cant be passed.In general fans want side by side racing and lots of passes for the lead.That is what NASCAR is trying to accomplish but that leads to aggressive driving and usually leads to big wrecks.While your sitting at your desk,put Sirius on and listen.As said,im not a fan of super speedway racing.But I pay close attention to the sport.FWIW,Tom
I listen during the season. I also listen to IndyCar radio leading into Indy. I'm just saying, people that call in are normally fanatics, and don't represent the average consumer.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong, and the new 1.5 mile formula becomes a big hit.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Warp Speed wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am One thing I can gaurantee you, is I ain't no "boy"!
Well it's 2019, so you can identify as whatever you want.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Rowdy Yates

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Mike your correct just look at the attendance... It speaks for itself! :lol:
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

Guys,all attendance is down,NFL 2018 season is the lowest in 10 years!Its a fact of life!Get used to it!Too much good watching on the internet.TV is down also with all sports.Tom
redliner
Expert
Expert

Post by redliner »

tjs44 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:49 pm Guys,all attendance is down,NFL 2018 season is the lowest in 10 years!Its a fact of life!Get used to it!Too much good watching on the internet.TV is down also with all sports.Tom
NFL attendance is down because of the kneeling thing....
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

CamKing wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Warp Speed wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am One thing I can gaurantee you, is I ain't no "boy"!
Well it's 2019, so you can identify as whatever you want.
Noted Mike! :wink:
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

Does anyone know the frontal area and Cd values of the new NASCAR body templates?

How fast will the new 550 hp cars go on a SuperSpeedway?

If bumping causes major wrecks, why not place contact sensors in front bumpers with ignition cutouts?
Hit the car in front and lose 2000rpm for 2 seconds would produce much more skilled driving and save
a lot of money.
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

redliner wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:52 pmNFL attendance is down because of the kneeling thing....
They lost me when I figured out that there's a prison-to-kickoff "pipeline", as evidenced by The Dirtbag Dogfighter, and the fact that NFL hasn't severed all ties with him. The Secretary should have disavowed all knowledge of his existence.

I don't even watch the Super Bowl any more. Fook 'em.
Last edited by Schurkey on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Upset power application like that at those speeds and I am pretty sure the loss of power that quickly would lead to even more carnage!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

Newold1 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:40 pm Upset power application like that at those speeds and I am pretty sure the loss of power that quickly would lead to even more carnage!
Why?
The idea is to deter intentional bumping that now causes massive wrecks. It can't be worse.
The power interrupt could be mild or severe depending on incident frequency.

Street cars now have crash avoidance technology but the pseudo-tech NASCAR series still runs the back roads?
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Once that momentum gets going at those speeds, an ignition cut isn't going to do much. Just like a rev limiter won't do anything on a radical engine in neutral.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
tchapps88

Post by tchapps88 »

it doesnt have to be the cup series but i would love to see a national series that would use local track engine rules. have it where you run a dart block, brodix spec heads, flat tappet cam, victor 2bbl intake and 500cfm 2bbl holley, with a 360ci limit. have chassis that the common man can afford again with a 6 chassis rule per team per season and if you need to have another chassis during the season you can but it will be a point penalty, strict rules on springs and shocks, have a traditional air dam again with a ride height rule with spots on the frame that you have wooden wear blocks to catch cheaters. bodies that are closer to the oem counter parts, its ok to have common body areas to save money that arent obvious to most people.

there can also be some small creative differences, cut a sponsorship deal with a power tool company where pit guns are cordless impacts, make a rule where the teams are only allowed 8-9 crew members a weekend so the guys working on the cars are pitting the cars again. A rule that i know really bothered the old school fan was when the did away with racing back to the yellow flag and automatically giving people laps back, go back to the way it was on that. restarts im undecided on, side by side restarts are more exciting but single file restarts with lap cars on the inside worked.

the points system is where im still trying to figure out, i like a season long points battle where every race counts, the downfall of the chase is that the best driver doesnt always win due to misfortune. however the chase can work if not half of the field is in it, i say cut the chase to 8 drivers, 8 races, no eliminations, it goes by points like the first chase style was. also make qualifying count more by awarding a championship point to the pole winner and get rid of pack qualifying and go back to one at a time.

mainly the sport needs to go back where the cars and engines aren't insanely expensive but the races still have a good prize purse and maybe you'll get over 50 cars a weekend trying to qualify again.
ClassAct
Guru
Guru

Post by ClassAct »

tchapps88 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:17 pm it doesnt have to be the cup series but i would love to see a national series that would use local track engine rules. have it where you run a dart block, brodix spec heads, flat tappet cam, victor 2bbl intake and 500cfm 2bbl holley, with a 360ci limit. have chassis that the common man can afford again with a 6 chassis rule per team per season and if you need to have another chassis during the season you can but it will be a point penalty, strict rules on springs and shocks, have a traditional air dam again with a ride height rule with spots on the frame that you have wooden wear blocks to catch cheaters. bodies that are closer to the oem counter parts, its ok to have common body areas to save money that arent obvious to most people.

there can also be some small creative differences, cut a sponsorship deal with a power tool company where pit guns are cordless impacts, make a rule where the teams are only allowed 8-9 crew members a weekend so the guys working on the cars are pitting the cars again. A rule that i know really bothered the old school fan was when the did away with racing back to the yellow flag and automatically giving people laps back, go back to the way it was on that. restarts im undecided on, side by side restarts are more exciting but single file restarts with lap cars on the inside worked.

the points system is where im still trying to figure out, i like a season long points battle where every race counts, the downfall of the chase is that the best driver doesnt always win due to misfortune. however the chase can work if not half of the field is in it, i say cut the chase to 8 drivers, 8 races, no eliminations, it goes by points like the first chase style was. also make qualifying count more by awarding a championship point to the pole winner and get rid of pack qualifying and go back to one at a time.

mainly the sport needs to go back where the cars and engines are insanely expensive but the races still have a good prize purse and maybe you'll get over 50 cars a weekend trying to qualify again.

You already have spec racing in NASCAR. That's why it sucks. It's been sucking for years. When every car on the track is within 20 HP and the top 20 cars are most likely separated by 5 HP it's stupid. Costs are up, crashes are up and quite frankly, the "racing" is boring. Side by side and a crash. Repeat. NHRA Pro Stock is no different. It's dead. NHRA is just thing to kill it slow enough to keep lawsuits form happening.

The issue is the rules makers. Rather than let the engineers work it out, they make a "rule".