18 degree head to 23 degree header

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

tracyracin
18 degree head to 23 degree header

Post by tracyracin »

Is there a adapter out there to mate a 23 degree header to a 18 degree head with the straight 6 bolt pattern? All I can seem to find is STAHL pattern.
Wrecked our dirt car and am having a hard time finding a set of 18 degree pattern headers. Thanks!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: 18 degree head to 23 degree header

Post by Walter R. Malik »

tracyracin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:08 pm Is there a adapter out there to mate a 23 degree header to a 18 degree head with the straight 6 bolt pattern? All I can seem to find is STAHL pattern.
Wrecked our dirt car and am having a hard time finding a set of 18 degree pattern headers. Thanks!
Schoenfeld has several headers that fit 18 degree heads.

I have seen spacers to allow fitment of "spread port" 23 degree headers the the 18 degree heads but, you needed to drill the 18 degree bolt pattern in them.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

You can always cut the flange on the 23 degree header, grind away and make it fit.
Joe Facciano
tracyracin

Post by tracyracin »

Okay I think I have myself confused. What I really need is a set of spread port headers I think. I run a northeast modified and when I went to bolt a normal set of headers to the engine the pattern was too narrow.
MotionMachine
Guru
Guru

Post by MotionMachine »

Anything like these?
DSC01108 (Small).JPG
DSC01107 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

Call up Schoenfeld. They have more than a few sets of headers available with a spread port exhaust flange. On a lot of their ads, you'll see:

Available with CNC laser cut flanges to fit Brodix 18º spread port, Stahl, standard Chevy 18º, Allen Johnson, and Pontiac 867 heads add $60.00.

All you have to do is ask em about it, even if you don't see it on their website.