Sp always had a slight hes. off idle
383 11.5:1 Isky 260/268 294/302 108 lsa\
Contest heads by Mamo 294@600 232 exh 108 lsa
Fully ported team G AED 850 79/89
16 Jesel Proble domed .015 in hole Dougs 1 3/4
So I have a feeling I have to change pump acel cam

likes to idle around 1200 but can @ less
34 deg at 3000 according to Mamo

Bigger pump cam or? everything is new, not locked out.
Suggestions?
NormS
Vendor

Re: Attn Tuner & M Whitener

Post by NormS »

Locked timing, reset float level with engine running, reset idle speed and idle mixture, in that order. Make sure there is no lag in the primary accel pump action as you open the primaries. If that doesn't improve the situation, try a more aggressive pump cam.
Competition Fuel Systems Birch Run,MI. www.compfuelsystems.com/index.html 520-241-2787
BradH
Guru
Guru

Post by BradH »

If you're looking for input from Mark and "tuner" specifically, you'll likely get a quick reply by posting your question on Mark's site here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/racingf ... olley-f25/
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

What is the initial timing? With a large cam like that it needs a lot of timing at low speeds to combat low idle vacuum. Either try locking the timing or if it has a vacuum advance hook it up. And if it has pink cams try a blue cam in front.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Sounds like the pink cam isnt enough, just doesnt have the response/snap it should when you first blip it.

So try the blue?

No vacuum advance on this just mechanical. 34 total..cant remmeber the initial to be honest. Had it done on a sun machine its written down. Think it could use a hair more, slow curve in by 3k

Concerned if I locked it out Im inviting detonatino..car drives super smooth overall.

As the temp reaches 200 the mixture screws dont seem to be very responsive, idle gets a little lazy.If you listen close to when the fan comes on you can tell.
MAybe its time to just buy Torco period instead of mixing this pump gas stuff. It just doesnt like heat. At least it restarts hot...
Will change cam and report back. Thanks all.

my neighbor wasnt too happy =D>
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 6.50camaro »

What size squirter are you using ? I found I needed 1 size larger in the front and 2 or 3 larger in the back to cure the slight starting line hesitation on my 383 with a holley 850 street HP carb. Dan