Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Stef
Expert
Expert

Wilco Wheel Positioner

Post by Stef »

Hi Guys,

I have been given an old Wilco Wheel Positioner. It looks like a neat compact device for setting camber and caster. Thing is I have no manual with it and the friend that gave it to me doesn't know how to use it either.
Has any one here used one of these? If any one has an instruction manual for one would they be able to make a copy for a fee?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Stef
TTV Racing - Race flywheels, clutches, drive shafts and valve guides - over 5000 applications & custom one off's or production runs - made in England.
Suppliers to GT3, LeMans, WRC, Global X-Cross, WTCC, BTCC, F3 and more!
Visit our Instagram Page!
Pantagoon
Re: Wilco Wheel Positioner

Post by Pantagoon »

Hi Stef,

I have just found one of these in a garage clear out and it has a manual.

Mine dates from 1941and I will gladly send you a PDF if you still require one - I know it's been ages but I thought it worth a shot.

I'm hoping to sell it as soon as possible so let me know if you want the manual.

Regards,
Pantagoon
Bubstr

Post by Bubstr »

If it's what I think. grease a couple sheet metal pieces to go under front wheels. Turn left, turn right , center bounce car and read camber. Then turn wheels 30 degrees left and read castor, turn 30 degrees right and read castor. then find real castor right in the middle of these last two readings. Check tow in before and after. Been awhile since I used one of these, hope I didn't forget anything.
Older I get the less I know for sure
cstempert

Post by cstempert »

I would also like to get a copy of that manual.
Can you scan and post or e-mail?
by Pantagoon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Stef,

Mine dates from 1941and I will gladly send you a PDF if you still require one - I know it's been ages but I thought it worth a shot.

I'm hoping to sell it as soon as possible so let me know if you want the manual.
Pantagoon

Post by Pantagoon »

Hi cstempert,

I haven't got round to scanning it yet, I'll do it soon and let you know on here when it's ready.

Cheers.
cstempert

Post by cstempert »

Hey thanks Pantagoon.

I got one that has been floating around various places and looks to be missing a couple small parts I'll have to make, but I'm not sure even how to use it or whats missing !

Thanks in Advance
Stef
Expert
Expert

Post by Stef »

Pantagoon wrote:Hi cstempert,

I haven't got round to scanning it yet, I'll do it soon and let you know on here when it's ready.

Cheers.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Let us know when you have the scans done. Would be a shame not to try and use it.
TTV Racing - Race flywheels, clutches, drive shafts and valve guides - over 5000 applications & custom one off's or production runs - made in England.
farm420

Post by farm420 »

Pantagoon wrote:Hi Stef,

Regards,
Pantagoon
Hey Pantagoon,
I also have a Wilco wheel positioner without a manual. I have all the other parts and a chart from 1941 listing the specs for a ton of vehicles. I have seen a few on ebay also missing the manual. I've had this kit for about 13 years now, I picked it up from a friend but never tried to use it. Now I need it! If you have the manual on PDF as you mentioned is there a way you could send it to me, I'd appreciate it very much. Hope you can help. thanks Jeff in Maryland
Pantagoon

Post by Pantagoon »

Hi All,

Sorry about the delay. The Wilco was buried at the back of a garage and I couldn't get to it until I cleared it out.

I have scanned the pages and am currently turning it into a PDF. I'm thinking of charging two pounds for a copy - is this acceptable? Please let me know.

All the best,
Pantagoon
Stef
Expert
Expert

Post by Stef »

2 quid seems reasonable for your time. Do you paypal, etc.