Moderator: Team

cv67
Guru
Guru

Wheel stud/length size help A body

Post by cv67 »

67 Camino drums in rear

Ordered some draglites

What stud do I need can I get by without a super long one?
What nut would I use that has that shank on it?
Want to be legal for the track

Do I need them on the front too or just the rear?

Any part numbers?
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Wheel stud/length size help A body

Post by pdq67 »

Please go to NAPA or wherever and ask to look in their wheel stud drawer and I bet that you will find just what you need.

Watch the knurl diameter and the length and you should be good to go.

Use a brass/aluminum punch and a three pound Ford Tool to knock them out and then some washers and a lug-nut to pull the new ones in place and finally set them with a ball pein hammer. And use lube on the nut...

I have at least three sets, but mine are early small knurl 1st Gen Camaro car or you could have them. I ended up going 1/2" Grade 8 bolts and hex-althread when I went Pony-Car Bullitt rims. Had Mosers do the conversion.

pdq67
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Re: Wheel stud/length size help A body

Post by Speedbump »

The tech guy at the track is going to want to see the stud even with or sticking out a thread or so from the nut so you'll need long studs for that reason. Moroso and others make the studs and that would be the low hassle way to go. If you go to summit and search the wheel, they'll give the specs of the lug nut you need then you can buy the house brand for cheaper or the Weld one for more and possibly better quality?. Make sure they are open ended for the track and make sure you get washers with the lug nuts.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."