Contemplating BBSS on Modified

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

TSR99
Contemplating BBSS on Modified

Post by TSR99 »

The title says it all, I've ran asphalt modifieds at my local 3/8 mile track for the past two seasons. We were fortunate enough to do well but the competition has caught up to us ( and even passed us a few times to boot! ).

I run a conventional setup on my '01 Lefthander Modified and am competing against newer and faster chassis, not to mention better technology. I'm quite in-experienced in setting up a racecar but have had a few decent folks that have been able to lend a hand and guide me in the right direction to allow me to stay competitive, so please bare with me. I'm curious as to how I might, or if it's even possible to take an older chassis such as mine and convert it to a BBSS style setup.

Any advice on where to start, what measurements are needed to go off of and some encouraging words from anyone who has had success with taking an older mod chassis to BBSS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and take care.
SLPRACINGENGINES
Pro
Pro

Re: Contemplating BBSS on Modified

Post by SLPRACINGENGINES »

hey man.. i run big bar soft spring setup on my lefthandier.we run aspahlt too. send me a private message and ill see if i can help you